#61 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

So let's recap:
- several people in this thread note that Line 6 employees rarely comment in this user forum, and wonder whether the user feedback mechanism of Ideascale is actually monitored by Line 6. They express their wish that Line 6 employees make a comment.
- a Line 6 employee does indeed make a comment, responding to two specific requests:
--- an explanation of why it can take some time for moderators to approve posts, and
--- a statement that Ideascale is in fact monitored by, and used by, Line 6 as one input to their product development plans.

How should users respond to this?
1) a series of sarcastic and negative comments to the Line 6 employee, which will likely (we're all human) discourage said employee from bothering to respond to future requests, or
2) an acknowledgement to said employee that their presence here is appreciated, which hopefully will encourage future participation.

Now, let's see...... Which response do you think is more appropriate?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#62 charlyg

charlyg

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationWest Hills, Ca

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I vote for the 2nd option.

Guitars - '93 Epi Sheraton II, cheap Maestro hotrodded LPjr  Bass - '94 Epi NR Tbird V
Amps - AMPLIFi 150, Tweaker 15(head)>ADA SS(JBLs), Yamaha THR10, Ampeg MicroVR>PB-212
Pedals - Eleven Rack w/FCB1010(PROM2), Soul Food(JHS), 5 iStomp
Recording - iPad mini ,iTrack Solo, Sonic Port

#63 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

Why would I feel sorry for anybody? Show up with a comment that really doesn't help anyone, then get praised for showing up....really, really, really, really, really, really late? If people, especially L6 employees are taking any of this personally, that sounds like a "them" problem. I'm sure this guy knows no-one wants to hold him personally accountable, but since he's obviously more "in-the-know" then any of the "experts" around here, maybe he should take some of the general disdain for customer relations on the official forums to someone who can do something.

Sorry if I hurt your internet feelings, L6 employee.

#64 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

If people, especially L6 employees are taking any of this personally, that sounds like a "them" problem. I'm sure this guy knows no-one wants to hold him personally accountable, but since he's obviously more "in-the-know" then any of the "experts" around here, maybe he should take some of the general disdain for customer relations on the official forums to someone who can do something.

"I'm going to attack your company and the competency of its employees...What? You're taking it personally? What's wrong with you?"

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#65 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

you guys are hilarious.....I've gone the normal channels trying to get some real help on the boards, because the support ticket system is slow (i've had two that never even generated an automated response), sent multiple requests, even posted something on IdeaScale like the second day it existed (funny, I couldn't find it a week after that, and now I get booted from IdeaScale every other time I try and log in, yay technology)....so if dude wants to cry in his keyboard because I said the company he works for needs to try a little harder, I don't care.

#66 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Nobody said anything about feeling sorry. And the post was helpful to the person who wondered why their account had not yet been approved, and to anyone who seriously wondered whether Line 6 ever looked at Ideascale.

I understand that you didn't find it helpful. Don't extrapolate your opinions to others. You don't represent anyone but yourself.... And neither do I.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#67 charlyg

charlyg

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationWest Hills, Ca

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

From my vantage point, I see one fellow with an attitude, and the rest are calm, but starting to lose patience. Who's the one with the problem?

I report, you decide.

Guitars - '93 Epi Sheraton II, cheap Maestro hotrodded LPjr  Bass - '94 Epi NR Tbird V
Amps - AMPLIFi 150, Tweaker 15(head)>ADA SS(JBLs), Yamaha THR10, Ampeg MicroVR>PB-212
Pedals - Eleven Rack w/FCB1010(PROM2), Soul Food(JHS), 5 iStomp
Recording - iPad mini ,iTrack Solo, Sonic Port

#68 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

You don't see the silliness (read idiocy) of responding to a post regarding a post on IdeaScale, but never once answering a single technical question regarding the "flagship" products? 

#69 Line6Tony

Line6Tony

Line 6 Staff

• Administrator
  • 2162 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

From my vantage point, I see one fellow with an attitude, and the rest are calm, but starting to lose patience. Who's the one with the problem?

I report, you decide.

...and it's because of this I'm locking the thread. gunpointmetal, or anyone else, can call us or create a ticket with specific technical questions if need be: line6.com/support.

Tony Reese
Line 6 Customer Support Manager

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amplifi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users