Photo

No Name Edit In G55 Rt12 Trasmitter, While G90 Ones Have

g55 rt12 g90 name

Best Answer dboomer , 12 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

The G55 doesn't have a name function because a G55 receiver has no LCD to display it like the G90.

Replacement single transmitters do have the feature in case they are used with a G90. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bob4us

bob4us

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

I Have G90 with two toggled transmitters TBP12,

I have another setup with one G55 and its TBP12 again, just purchased.

I wanted to share trasmitters with my two receivers:
setting the relay 01 mode they work, but

the G55's TBP12 hasn't the "name" edit menu function while spare new TBP12 and G90 ones does have!

Any way to activate this function ?

Best Regards,

Bob Axx

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

There's definitely something weird going on here, Bob...

You'll see from this http://line6.com/sup...ossible-on-g55/ that fotofx reported the same thing yesterday, but sadly, it seems to remain unresolved.

I certainly have no answer, so I remain very interested to hear what the Line 6 staffers may have to say on the matter.

#3 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:37 PM   Best Answer

The G55 doesn't have a name function because a G55 receiver has no LCD to display it like the G90.

Replacement single transmitters do have the feature in case they are used with a G90.

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Just wondering, Don...

Could folks use a V75 receiver and Line 6 Monkey to "re-flash" a G55's supplied TBP12 for it to "become" a "G90 clone" ?

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Unfortunately no. You can flash a TBP12 that has V1.3 or higher to whatever you want the first time you flash it to V2.x however.

#6 bob4us

bob4us

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Replacement single transmitters do have the feature in case they are used with a G90.

Thank you guys for the answers.

Please note that the manual clearly states that TBP12 supplied with G55 can be used with all RELAYs... G90, G50:
I tried and I confirm it does (without name). There's even a "RELAY mode 01" on purpose.

So regardless of this, there are two different TBP12s depending on what receiver they are supplied with?
It's totally a nonsense guys !! :-D

Better explain in the manual of TBP12 that if the user changes the name he won't see in G55 because it simply hasn't means to do it without a display !!
OMG... how complicating simple things.

it shouldn't be a big problem if the user could download a firmware and store it like other systems do.
But we know G55 and - more sadly :-( - G90 haven't any input port to do so (MIDI, USB, FW, serial, morse code button...).

Basically LINE6 has VERY GOOD wireless products indeed, that I definitely LOVE and I suggest to all my colleagues and friends (besides the youth bugs that WE know... :-) ), but sometimes there are very strange technical-marketing choices I can't understand...

BTW, I will appreciate some solution, even knowing that I can live with this silly problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users