14 replies to this topic

#1 jmhinton86

jmhinton86

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

My computer bit the dust and I no longer have any use for PodFarm. I deactivated my devices and started the return process. I am greeted with an "error 8211" with no instruction on where to go from there. 

I have been a customer of line 6 for quite some time and intend on continuing my realationship with this great equipment. As soon as I can navigate my way around a refund for this podfarm I'll be sinking that money right back into an hd500. So, please help so I can get back to playing!

~Joe

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

When did you buy it?

If it is within 30 days of a software purchase (not i-Lok though) contact Line6, after 30 days no refund.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

#3 jmhinton86

jmhinton86

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Yes, I understand that. Thank you. If it takes much longer my 30 days will be up.

details 2014-01-25 10:58:43 Completed POD Farm 2.5 Platinum $299.00

#4 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

You didn't by any chance purchase the iloK version?  That one cannot be returned for a refund.

#5 jmhinton86

jmhinton86

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

No sir, it is not the iloK version. 

#6 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Have you opened a support ticket as Triryche suggested?

http://line6.com/sup...ickets/add.html

#7 klausbendix

klausbendix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

I am trying to return my podfarm 2.5 order, since I am not satisfied with how it runs with Asio4All. I have deauthorized the software on all my devices and my PC, but I still get  ( Error: 8211). It is less than 30 days since I bought the software and I am starting to get pretty pissed over how impossible you make it to return my order or contact customer support. 

#8 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2742 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

I am trying to return my podfarm 2.5 order, since I am not satisfied with how it runs with Asio4All. I have deauthorized the software on all my devices and my PC, but I still get  ( Error: 8211). It is less than 30 days since I bought the software and I am starting to get pretty pissed over how impossible you make it to return my order or contact customer support. 

don't get your panties in a bind. cal line6 or open a support ticket, they WILL help you 

I'M SO HAPPY!

#9 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15395 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Yeah... thats because ASIO4ALL are not real ASIO drivers... so its a real shocker that it doesn't work well with FAKE ASIO....

seriously though... you should use the software with a real ASIO interface with native ASIO drivers as it was intended.

you can't expect good results if you're not willing to run the software with supported drivers.

#10 klausbendix

klausbendix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

The problem here is that the Akai Eie soundcard that I have, does not have standalone driver, which forces me to use asio4all.

#11 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15395 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

which means that it's not ASIO compliant.

which means that they'll be some trade-offs...

I've been in the same boat and ASIO4ALL worked for alot of things.

but it is a reverse engineered "driver wrapper" that essentially tricks your system into treating your card like an ASIO card.

unfortunately as you are experiencing, it's less than perfect.

The problem here is that the Akai Eie soundcard that I have, does not have standalone driver, which forces me to use asio4all.

#12 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Which one do you have, they should absolutely have ASIO drivers.

#13 klausbendix

klausbendix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

I have the red non-pro version http://www.akaipro.c...t/eie#downloads. Only the pro-version has dedicated asio drivers.

#14 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

I see.

The plug-in should still work in your DAW. But I guess your issue would be getting a dry guitar to your DAW.

#15 klausbendix

klausbendix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Yes that is exactly what happens. It worked fine on my Toneport KB37.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod farm, return order

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users