Photo

L2t Vibration And Rattling.... Noise

l2t vibration noise rattle bad

Best Answer Line6Tony , 27 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Regarding the L2t/L2m speaker, we are aware of reports of the speaker rattling in very specific circumstances. As we understand it, the rattle may become noticeable specifically while playing a guitar or bass solo in a quiet environment when close to the speaker’s back panel. This rattle is caused by the fan and is typically not noticeable at stage volume. We have found this issue to appear in some, but not all, L2 series speakers. We cannot relate the fan rattling issue to a certain range of serial numbers.

We are currently evaluating a replacement fan that resolves this issue. However, this process requires a considerable amount of research and due diligence. Among other things, there are speed control, durability and firmware interaction requirements. This is a complex process that we are moving forward with, but unfortunately, we cannot commit to a timeline as to when this process will be complete.

Outside of this issue, the L2 speakers have proven to be very robust. However, if you are encountering any other issues with your L2 series speakers, we encourage you to contact Customer Service directly at www.line6.com/support.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused those who’ve experienced it. We know that you, as our customers, rightfully have high expectations for the performance of our products. As we should, we will continue to drive toward a solution. We thank you for your patience and your patronage.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 malcevansmusic

malcevansmusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

Will it be a case of changing fan, or is it a more fundamental resonant frequency issue (the mass of the fan and the effective stiffness of its mounting points?) You might have to change the stiffness of the mounts, or change the spacing of the mounts or add mass to the fan to avoid this frequency...

#62 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted Today, 05:07 AM

The comment from Line 6 says they are looking at replacing the fan.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#63 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted Today, 05:09 AM

Me too...and I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here who'd be curious about that...yet somehow, I don't think it'll be on the cover of tomorrow's paper...

Having that info might make the difference between Line 6 getting another 850 bucks out of me, instead of EV or QSC

This is what I would like to know too. Can't tell on a forum. I remember the power supply in the studiolive boards was a huge issue that it SEEMED everyone had. But turned out, that compared to the units sold, it was just a very small fraction. They admitted there was an issue, but it wasn't worth a recall. They would repair them of course, but that was all.

I have a feeling the issue may be the same here. The only thing I think should be a bit different, is that EVERYONE that needs a unit fixed should get it fixed even if they have had it for well beyond their warranty period. That is, once Line6 solves the problem.

#64 brianj402002

brianj402002

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSt. John's

Posted Today, 05:19 AM

That is pretty much why I asked the question. We don't really know the actual statistics. Not everyone that owns these are on this forum but the ones that are and have the issue are complaining (and rightfully so). We're not seeing the big picture here. If we are looking at say a 0.5 percent rate of return...that's not bad...if it is over 5 percent..then I can see this being an issue. Any product is susceptible to issues..especially this early in the game for them. I am a new supporter of Line 6 and will continue to be. Maybe someone from Line 6 can shed some light on these numbers?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l2t, vibration, noise, rattle, bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users