• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hello!

Has anyone noticed this on the 500x?
My pod displays flash version 1.20 and usb fw 0.00 on the utilities page
It seems to be working ok, with usb patch transfer and as audio interface
Monkey reports usb 1.01 and no problems.
Tried downgrading to flash ver 1.10
On the first boot, usb firmware shows 1.01, on the next goes back to 0.00
Tried reflashing usb firmware but get the same effect.

It seems to have no effect on pod's functions.
But if it is a bug in the usb firmware ver 1.01 everyone should have this!
Anyone?

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I have the HD500 and sometimes I just have to reinstall the drivers but I never had to reinstall firmware on either of the devices I have>> X3 Pro & HD500. You may a have a hardware and/or a software problem.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

don't worry!..

it's a normal behaviour..

the usb fw version number shown into the system utilities page is updated as soon as you connect your POD by USB to the computer and it get recognized..

every time you turn on your POD it will show all zero numbers for the usb fw untill you connect it to the computer again

#4 labicudo

labicudo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Brazzy, I also had to reinstall drivers a few times to get this working.

Hurghanico, i went to the firmware page on my hd500 and connected it to my computer via usb, bingo, the usb fw ver changed from 0.00 to 1.01 as you described. Thanks a lot.

Also, congratulation for your beautiful work at soundcloud. Excellent execution and tone quality!
I am returning to guitars after many years (20+) and am new to this modeling technology.
My hd500x is connected to a jbl EON515xt FRFR active speaker, because I am also messing with a fishman triple play and eould like to have both sounds playing through the same speaker box.
I am having a hard time finding a good tone from the presets. They sound harsh and lifeless.
It seems my guitar (strat with texas special pups) is overloading the dacs or something like that.
Do you have patches you use on those soundcloud songs for download some, so it could be used as a starting point.

ThankYou

#5 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

..Also, congratulation for your beautiful work at soundcloud. Excellent execution and tone quality!
I am returning to guitars after many years (20+) and am new to this modeling technology.
My hd500x is connected to a jbl EON515xt FRFR active speaker, because I am also messing with a fishman triple play and eould like to have both sounds playing through the same speaker box.
I am having a hard time finding a good tone from the presets. They sound harsh and lifeless.
It seems my guitar (strat with texas special pups) is overloading the dacs or something like that.
Do you have patches you use on those soundcloud songs for download some, so it could be used as a starting point...

Thanks for the compliments :)

IMO a good FRFR system is more than enough to get good results with a POD, especially if you use also acoustic sounds is the best solution..

A thing that changed really a lot the quality of the tones I'm getting with my HD500 is by using the single input approach, ie doing the chain in default pre position, and setting input2 to be different than input1 (to avoid a doubled input signal, which IMO affects in a bad way several sound aspects)..

If you want you can give a look to the following link for more in depth explanations of the why of this method:

http://line6.com/sup...e-of-the-hd500/

Regarding the patches I used for the Soundcloud tracks, I provided the descriptions of all the settings under each track..

but they are visible only if you click on each track title to go to each specific track page..

generally the patches are quite simple and easy to copy manually..

I never use HD Edit program, and I still have not patches ready to upload..

#6 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

don't worry!..

it's a normal behaviour..

the usb fw version number shown into the system utilities page is updated as soon as you connect your POD by USB to the computer and it get recognized..

every time you turn on your POD it will show all zero numbers for the usb fw untill you connect it to the computer again

So I guess it's not a defect...it's a "feature", lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users