#21 WaubinHood

WaubinHood

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

...for paired with the 500x via L6 Link and 4cm...

Err... L6 Link AND 4cm in DT was it?!?

And also it would've come up handy to know, what kinda sound you were trying to get.

#22 RNRage

RNRage

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yes, I tried hooking it up both ways. L6 Link, then 4cm. I was trying to get Blues tones out of it. It just didn't do it for me. There was something about the sound of it. It's rather depressing because I really wanted to like the damn thing. My buddy came over last night with the combo version and I had the same feeling towards it. However, when he played through it.. Same patches, same guitar.. I liked it. It has to be something to do with how I play. I can't think of another explanation, to be honest. It's a great product.. I won't ever push negative feedback on it.. It (live many other products) just wasn't for me. I'll stick with running my HD500x through my Mesa Subway Rocket via 4cm.

Sent from my iPad.

Err... L6 Link AND 4cm in DT was it?!?
And also it would've come up handy to know, what kinda sound you were trying to get.

Endorses:
Amps: Mesa Boogie, Fender, Blackheart, Line 6
Guitars: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine
Effects: Line 6, Boss, MXR, DOD, Ibanez, Crafter, Mesa Boogie, Heil, Morley

#23 boyce89976

boyce89976

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

Yes, I tried hooking it up both ways. L6 Link, then 4cm. I was trying to get Blues tones out of it. It just didn't do it for me. There was something about the sound of it. It's rather depressing because I really wanted to like the damn thing. My buddy came over last night with the combo version and I had the same feeling towards it. However, when he played through it.. Same patches, same guitar.. I liked it. It has to be something to do with how I play. I can't think of another explanation, to be honest. It's a great product.. I won't ever push negative feedback on it.. It (live many other products) just wasn't for me. I'll stick with running my HD500x through my Mesa Subway Rocket via 4cm.

Sent from my iPad.

What I hate is when one of my golf buddies hits my brand new driver 20 yards farther than I can hit it!   :angry: 

I guess the same thing applies here.  Too bad, it's a great setup.  I recently had the opportunity to play alongside a guy that uses a Matchless combo and a board full of boutique pedals.  Tone-wise, the POD/DT combo was very close.  He uses a Strymon Big Sky 'verb, though, so his reverbs are over-the-top good.  

Sorry it didn't work out.  

#24 RNRage

RNRage

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

No need to be sorry, lol. Different strokes, they say. It is an awesome setup, no denying that. I just built myself a snake for hooking up via 4cm so there is zero cable clutter. Still loving my HD500x though. The damn thing kicks some serious.. You know what. :) first gig with this setup is Friday. I have pretty much all of my tones dialed in and ready to go.

Sent from my iPad.

What I hate is when one of my golf buddies hits my brand new driver 20 yards farther than I can hit it! :angry:

I guess the same thing applies here. Too bad, it's a great setup. I recently had the opportunity to play alongside a guy that uses a Matchless combo and a board full of boutique pedals. Tone-wise, the POD/DT combo was very close. He uses a Strymon Big Sky 'verb, though, so his reverbs are over-the-top good.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Endorses:
Amps: Mesa Boogie, Fender, Blackheart, Line 6
Guitars: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine
Effects: Line 6, Boss, MXR, DOD, Ibanez, Crafter, Mesa Boogie, Heil, Morley

#25 stumblinman

stumblinman

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Same thing goes on in my band. Singer has an Egnater Renegade, and when he plays it it sounds thin and weird. When I play it it sounds great. There's a reason there are so many amps and guitars out there. I can't play Strats, so I would never waste a dime on one. He can play the lollipop outta them. Different strokes. I returned my JTV 59 because I couldn't bond with it. No harm no foul.

Took it back about an hour ago. It just wasn't working out for me. My Buddy came down from Maryland last night with his DT 25 combo. I still couldn't seem to get any kind of sound that I like but my buddy would play through the same patches and it would sound freaking awesome.. So I guess my playing style doesn't like the amp?

Sent from my iPad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users