Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Functionality With Fbv Shortboard Mk Ii

aaronsol

• 1 month later...

That's it.  The pause between presets is much improved when I don't have a device paired with amplifi.  Too bad for now though.  In my head it would be fun to have an ipad on a mic stand during a show.....just to be fun.

Has anyone successfully gigged with an Amplifi and the FBV shortboard MkII?  I just recorded an entire album with it and we tried to practice live and the delay in channel switching renders the whole setup useless, sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it feels like a good 2 seconds before it switches over.

No way I can pull this off live if that's the case.  I need INSTANT switching.

I noticed if I hold a switch down for 1-2 seconds, then release, it'll switch right on the release and it's spot on, but any longer than that, it won't switch at all.  However, I have enough counts in my head as is, and I'm not trying to count my footswitch timing as well.

Does unpairing the IOS device actually fix this issue as stated above?

Guess I'll save my Amplifi rig for recording and practicing, I just picked up a H&K Grandmeister 36 for live applications.  I can't have 3 second switch times.  Thankfully, I can use my iOS devices for both amps, too :-)

Bulding my arsenal back up yet again!

Has anyone successfully gigged with an Amplifi and the FBV shortboard MkII?  I just recorded an entire album with it and we tried to practice live and the delay in channel switching renders the whole setup useless, sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it feels like a good 2 seconds before it switches over.

No way I can pull this off live if that's the case.  I need INSTANT switching.

I noticed if I hold a switch down for 1-2 seconds, then release, it'll switch right on the release and it's spot on, but any longer than that, it won't switch at all.  However, I have enough counts in my head as is, and I'm not trying to count my footswitch timing as well.

Does unpairing the IOS device actually fix this issue as stated above?

I have to admit I've been a bit reluctant to spend the money for the shortboard if it's not going to function exactly the way I want.  Sometimes I think the POD HD and an L2T would have been a better choice but then again the Amplifi was under $500 so I can't complain.  

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody. I've read a lot about it and still haven't figured out one thing: The bank up and down buttons in the fbv shortboard mkii actually work with my amplifi 75? Can I access all the 100 presets that the amplifi 75 has with the fbv shortboard mkii? Do I need to have an android or ios device paired?

Please enlighten me

Thanks a lot

Hi everybody. I've read a lot about it and still haven't figured out one thing: The bank up and down buttons in the fbv shortboard mkii actually work with my amplifi 75? Can I access all the 100 presets that the amplifi 75 has with the fbv shortboard mkii? Do I need to have an android or ios device paired?

Please enlighten me

Thanks a lot

Yes, the Up/Down buttons allow you to cycle through the presets.  Up/Down changes the banks, and then A/B/C/D selects the corresponding preset in each bank.

The presets are stored in the amp, so you don't need to be paired with a device or have the app running.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the Up/Down buttons allow you to cycle through the presets.  Up/Down changes the banks, and then A/B/C/D selects the corresponding preset in each bank.

The presets are stored in the amp, so you don't need to be paired with a device or have the app running.

Hi!

I've just purchased a Amplifi 75 and have a 1 year old FBV shortboard MKII. My FBV shortboard Up/Down buttons do not actually allow me to change banks. When I press them, I see a midi command on the FBV display, but no bank change actually occurs. I can choose the tone banks on my android phone and that selects them in the Amplifi fine, but the A/B/C/D buttons pull me down to the first bank, and as I said, the Up/Down buttons do not change banks.

Any suggestions?

P.S. The FBV shortboard MKII has the newest flash memory as does the Amplifi (According to the Line 6 Monkey app)

is the usb connected to the FBV? it wont work the amp if its connected.

Hi!

I've just purchased a Amplifi 75 and have a 1 year old FBV shortboard MKII. My FBV shortboard Up/Down buttons do not actually allow me to change banks. When I press them, I see a midi command on the FBV display, but no bank change actually occurs. I can choose the tone banks on my android phone and that selects them in the Amplifi fine, but the A/B/C/D buttons pull me down to the first bank, and as I said, the Up/Down buttons do not change banks.

Any suggestions?

P.S. The FBV shortboard MKII has the newest flash memory as does the Amplifi (According to the Line 6 Monkey app)

• 5 months later...

I also own a Line 6 Amplify 150 and i like it a lot. I also have a Line 6 X3 Live can i use it as a floorboard? I don't want to spent some money again for a Line 6 FBV Shortboard MkII.

And yes how must i connect it

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have previously purchased a Amplifi 150, and just recently got the MKII floorboard to go with. I have noticed a few quirky things that I am wondering are normal with the combination. 

My setup is an Ipad

Amplifi 150 

MKII Shortboard. 

The issues I have with them is when I have the ipad paired with the amp, there is a long delay when switching tones, and if I am jamming along to a track over bluetooth, it even pauses the music for a half second or so. 

The other issue is when the ipad is paired, the lights and display do not work on the floorboard, but the floorboard does function normally. 

It works most flawless when the amp is not paired with anything. The floorboard works correctly, and lights are lit properly, display works, tuner works etc. 

Is this all normal? Or is there something I can do to fix my problems?

Thanks