3 replies to this topic

#1 evisma

evisma

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm a recording bass player using Bass PODxt Live. It has issues and needs to be replaced, but there is nothing for bass players coming from Line 6. Waited for the NAMM show to see if they would have something new, but nothing. I FOUND MY SOUND with this bass pedal, now I have to find a new way with another company and array of products. Would love to see a new version of the Bass PODxt live, with better synths, or distortions that don't break up the same. Loved my product and want more Line 6 gear, but they've switched to only caring about guitarists. It's a shame.

Evan

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Wow.  Bod XTL was discontinued many years ago.  I believe the best you're going to find is whatever bass amps and effects are included in the current line of HD Pods, which aren't bad, but really not a large selection.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new bass oriented product any time soon.

In the mean time though, POD Farm 2.5 offers a wide assortment of bass amps and effects, and is tailored for recording.  You might want to check it out.

#3 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Don't forget also pod x3 live that had all the amps of guitars, bass and all effects and ability to make dual tones.

#4 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

I kinda am with you on this as much as the HD500 has more than some FX that really work well on bass, impressively where same FX sound a little lack lastre on guitar. this is based on a first impression and try out with it with bass.

Thing is , I consider bass modulates enough without FX and it is a rare FX that can keep me using it. Genre dependent.

I personally would like a couple more bass amp models that are more genre determined models.

But alas I think we have seen the last of any upgrade on it until the next affordable up grades in processing chips, memory and modeling resolution. We might see a brand new model then.

In the meantime the modeling for guitar is superb and you could get away with one bass amp and try the FX out and see how it compares to your XT less the bass specific modeled FX and amps or try the Bass multi Fx from Boss.

Probably best to replace it with the same 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users