Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm using a L2t, which is like the L2m but also has a mixer for separate guitar/mic inputs.  My rig is JTV-59 > HD500 > L2t.  The acoustic guitar sound (bypassing any amp sim on the HD500) sounds beautiful and realistic, like an amplified acoustic, and with a press of a switch on the HD500 I can have an overdriven electric sound.  To pick one example, I learned to play the acoustic part of "Hotel Cal." with capo-7, but the electric part without a capo.  I can instantly switch between the two, and both sound great through the L2t.  Simultaneously, I can sing into the mic plugged into the other input of the L2t.  With this rig, I really don't need an amp.

• Upvote 1

But you use this speaker  as a monitor or as a PA? for my doubt is, is it really useful to have an optimal monitor speaker (L2m) to us(monitos) and the sound of the PA we have no assurance of quality because the PA usually already exists in show house

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your original question.  I've used mine in coffee-house style venues, as the PA for guitar and vocals.  In a larger venue with an existing PA system, I'd probably use it as a high-quality monitor ... but I haven't played anything larger since I got the L2t.

I have a JTV-59, POD HD500, and an L3T, the L2 big brother. I also HAD a DT25, but I found it to be redundant among the L3t. The DT25 was a GREAT amp, but the L3T sound is soooo close to the DT25 that I returned the amp to the store...I mean, having an electric guitar amp may be good in many situations, but as I see it, the only thing I lost was the control over feedback topology the amp gave me, other than that, the L3t is more powerful, has an incredible electric guitar tone, is able to play the acoustic sounds beautifully, and also my keyboard and voice!

Depending on the venue, I use the L3t as PA or floor monitor! Once you set all your sounds thru the L3t (or L2) I'm sure it'll sound great anywhere you go!

I doubt anyone would mic a L2 or L3...you should either use it as your own PA or as a monitor and have the sound going to the house PA!

Abraço!

• Upvote 1