Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Loop Or Pre/post

Stroboscapes

Basically, I'd like to use some of the effects on my M9 pre-amplifier, and some post-amplifier. So I'd basically like to get some intel if there's a pending software update that'd make, for example, the stereo jacks as a loop, like the Strymon Timeline has, or to use it in two places and assign those to different patches, like the Strymon Mobius. This'd be a great feature to add to the device, and I'd like to know if I should hold my breath on something like this, or jump the gun and mod my M9 to do that via hardware. 

Thanks in advance

hahahahahahahahhahah!!!  a major mod to the M9? nah... we are lucky to get updates that fix actual bugs without looking for a major routing mod to a lower tier piece of gear... (no disrespect)

on the other hand, with a HD500 you can put the M9 in any spot you want, pre or post with the POD's FX loop and make it patch specific.  Then again the POD already has all those effects built in... hmmmmm...

Don't have any inside information, but I wouldn't hold my breath on any further development on the existing M-series pedals. The M13 has been on the market for over 5 years, and the M9 just a little bit less. There haven't been any updates for a few years now, so I can't see them starting up again.

Good to know, seems I'll be doing the mod to it myself then.

I'd be to curious to know how you're planning to go about it. The thing it takes more than just a hardware mod to make that work. It would also take a modification to the firmware. Because of the way the M9 handles stereo ins and outs, I don't think it's really feasible to do this sort of modification yourself.

Well, I didn't do it per preset, I just hardwired the second set of ins/outs to be closed via jumpers and used the jacks as the two positions, then wired two leads to the first effect input and output and used two relays and a footswitch to toggle to which pair of jacks the leads will go, so I can now put it in two positions with the press of a button. It's not as expressive as if I were to have it set per patch, so it can either be all units in one position or the other, but that's good enough for me, at least now I can use the synths and wahs before my amp and the delays and reverbs in the loop.