Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Edit Without Loading Hd500x Drivers

tmingle

Can HD500x edit software be used without loading the HD500x drivers?  The HD500x seems to conflict with my 1010LT soundcard.  I record from the POD HD's sp;dif connection and do not need to use it as an interface, but use the HD edit software.

Thanks in advance.

of course you can use HD Edit without the drivers.  I do that with my laptop to work on tones away from the studio BUT I transfer them to a network location where I can access them with my desktop with drivers that actually connects to the POD.  I am not sure the POD would be recognized without the drivers so you would probably not be able to load the tones to the POD.

As far as the conflict, the POD takes over as your soundcard when attached.  You can go into the sounds properties and change that however.  You should be able to set your 1010 as the default playback device and even disable the POD for playback while keeping the POD as your default recording device.

Hope that helps...

• Upvote 1