5 replies to this topic

#1 Carlos_Danger

Carlos_Danger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

Trying out my new Amplifi 150. One thing I don't like is the lack of lead boost. Hoping that a footswitch is in the cards for the future.

Has anyone tried a stomp box in front of the Amplifi? 

Anyone know which iStomp pedal works best?

Will be testing myself after work today.

#2 charlyg

charlyg

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationWest Hills, Ca

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

I have 5 iStomps and the Soul Food. I also have an 11R that I just got yesterday, so I will be putting the Soul Food in the front end, and the iStomps in the FX loop of the 11R. I would try the selections in the Amplifi to use what you can from what's there, and program the iStomp for whatever you want. Just note that the iStomp pedals have a huge algorithm so chances are it may sound better than what's in the Amplifi. I am setting mine for everything but dirt, and will give it all a shot later when my PROM2 arrives today in the mail.

Guitars - '93 Epi Sheraton II, cheap Maestro hotrodded LPjr  Bass - '94 Epi NR Tbird V
Amps - AMPLIFi 150, Tweaker 15(head)>ADA SS(JBLs), Yamaha THR10, Ampeg MicroVR>PB-212
Pedals - Eleven Rack w/FCB1010(PROM2), Soul Food(JHS), 5 iStomp
Recording - iPad mini ,iTrack Solo, Sonic Port

#3 Rowbi

Rowbi

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 8050 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Trying out my new Amplifi 150. One thing I don't like is the lack of lead boost. Hoping that a footswitch is in the cards for the future.

Has anyone tried a stomp box in front of the Amplifi? 

try the FBV Express or shortboard MKII  for footswitches.  the shortboard MKII has a stomp switch which can enable any of the stomp FX in the app - things like "boost and EQ", tube drive, screamer, etc.  instead of that you could use the volume fx block to set the min to 80% and max to 100% (or whatever you like) and use the expression pedal as your lead boost.  heel is normal, toe is lead boost.

I've not tried a stomp yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

Regards

Rowbi
www.rowbinet.co.uk

#4 Carlos_Danger

Carlos_Danger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

So... You are saying that the FBV Express will allow me to kick the stompbox on and off? I heard it just worked to switch patches.

#5 Rowbi

Rowbi

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 8050 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

So... You are saying that the FBV Express will allow me to kick the stompbox on and off? I heard it just worked to switch patches.

No I was saying the express and short board are available as foot switches and specifically the short board can do what you want. Just take a look at a pic of the express, there's only the 4 preset switches and expression. But if as a boost you would only need more volume then the expression could be used.
Regards

Rowbi
www.rowbinet.co.uk

#6 RNRage

RNRage

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

So the Shortboard will allow you to toggle effects on and off on the amplifi?
Endorses:
Amps: Mesa Boogie, Fender, Blackheart, Line 6
Guitars: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine
Effects: Line 6, Boss, MXR, DOD, Ibanez, Crafter, Mesa Boogie, Heil, Morley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users