Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x To Pa Monitors Muddy Tone. (master Volume)

dubaiblues

Hello, new pod owner here. Upgraded from GT-10 to pod HD500x. 

I've had my HD for 2 weeks now and have downloaded and constructed a few patches using my headphones. When i play thru my monitors, my patches sound the same regardless of what amp sim I use. The tones sound muddy and thick. (to much bass.) Last night my wife was listening and told me my speakers sound like they have a towel draped over them.

I turned the bass down on the unit itself and no change. Turned the tone knob up, no change. All i could do was laugh and make fun of my new piece of expensive gear I begged to purchase. Then I started started twisting the master volume nob clock wise and counter. Back and forth, back and forth increasing and decreasing my patch level. Suddenly the sound woke up no more bass or mud in that particular patch. I haven't tried this technique on any of the other patches yet. What gives? Does anyone else have this problem?

never heard of this particular problem... Make sure you read up on the various output settings and how they affect your tone and the DEP options for cab and amp too.  That can help with muddy tone without other EQ.

On the plus side your wife actually listens to your playing!  :lol:

• Upvote 1

LoL good one rad. She likes my music, not the time I invest into it. 

I purchased the HDx new from GC. I run it in studio direct and have adjusted  the 2 inputs accordingly. I have tweaked every aspect of the line in and out options. I've read the user manual several times and no luck. I understand the dynamics between head phones and monitors I learned a lot of that in dealing with my GT-10.  

• 3 years later...

Aloha Dubaiblues,

I have had and Continue to have this problem with the POD HD500x.  I have tried to change around the settings in the edit program, play with all knobs on the unit, update the firmware. Nothing has worked. I just have a poor tone now. :(

Hope yours has worked out!