#1 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

I was going over some of the ideas on ideascale and came across a request for Variax wireless solution.  I think that is an awesome idea and definitely needed for JTV's to be fully embraced by the professional performers, especially on the bigger stages.  Interestingly, I also saw this link discussing an actual Line 6 unpublished feature built in to the Vetta II.  Apparently they enabled a wireless variax feature during one of the firmware upgrades that enabled the Vetta to make Variax changes over wireless.  It wasn't a complete 2 way communication solution but it certainly opened the door and showed that Line 6 themselves were at one point working it.  Why on earth they haven't exploited that ability with the POD HD series is just beyond me.

Anyway, here is the link to the Vetta info.  If you think its a good idea go over to ideascale and vote it up...

http://vettaville.nl...more.php?id=166

http://line6.ideasca...-23508#comments

Picture4.png

#2 ajktsb

ajktsb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Would the solution above work on other products like HD500/JTV?

#3 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

not at this time.  as is states in the article, Line 6 actually enabled the capability in the firmware update so until they do something similar with the POD HD series there is nothing for us to build off of.

Picture4.png

#4 ajktsb

ajktsb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Bummer. I use my JTV every Sunday to lead worship and I always use the VDI cable because I use different guitar models in different patches. I've always wanted to get rid of that cable but don't want to manually change guitar models while thinking of flow and all the other stuff
I do as I lead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, variax, pod hd, hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users