Photo

Variax Ghost Notes In Alternate Tunings With Newest Workbench.

variax alt tunings workbench

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dkeefer

dkeefer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hello,

Im interested in seeing if anyone else is having these problems. I've seen some older posts but no answers.

I have a couple of variax guitars, a 300 and a 700 that have worked flawlessly for years. When I upgraded workbench (I had to for OS 10.8 mac) I went in and edited some alternate tunings on both guitars. Now both guitars are sounding ghost notes (I'm hearing the altered pitch and the regular string).

I am absolutely positive that I am not hearing the strings from the guitar itself as I cranked it through headphones and also recorded direct.

I contacted Line6 but have not heard back (it's been a few days). They said they had to research and get back with me. In the meantime they told me to re-flash one of the variax. This didn't solve the problem.

It seems to me that it is a software issue as both guitars started mis-behaving only after editing with the upgraded workbench.

I tried to open an older workbench but it freezes up.

Has anyone else had this problem. Any fixes?   Thanks!

Variax 300

Variax 700

throughh pod xt live

Mac intel OS 10.8.5

#2 65jaguar

65jaguar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hello,

Im interested in seeing if anyone else is having these problems. I've seen some older posts but no answers.

I have a couple of variax guitars, a 300 and a 700 that have worked flawlessly for years. When I upgraded workbench (I had to for OS 10.8 mac) I went in and edited some alternate tunings on both guitars. Now both guitars are sounding ghost notes (I'm hearing the altered pitch and the regular string).

I am absolutely positive that I am not hearing the strings from the guitar itself as I cranked it through headphones and also recorded direct.

I contacted Line6 but have not heard back (it's been a few days). They said they had to research and get back with me. In the meantime they told me to re-flash one of the variax. This didn't solve the problem.

It seems to me that it is a software issue as both guitars started mis-behaving only after editing with the upgraded workbench.

I tried to open an older workbench but it freezes up.

Has anyone else had this problem. Any fixes?   Thanks!

Variax 300

Variax 700

throughh pod xt live

Mac intel OS 10.8.5

Variax 600 through Pod/xt Pro win XP  I gave up trying to solve this problem in Sept 2011. I got tired of arguing about whether or not i was hearing the unamplified strings through my headphones even when the sounds were blasting away in my ears. It is a sometimes its there sometimes it's not problem. I just don't used the alternate tuning that day and maybe the next time I try it it works without the ghost sounds. Or I use a real kapo when I want  it.  

What version of Workbench are you using? Are you usiing OS Mountain Lion? The reason I ask is that I just got a new Macbook Pro and from what I have read here it seems workbench will not work in Mavericks. in another thread i received a response saying there would be no further development of workbench to work in Mavericks. I am unhappy!!!  

#3 dkeefer

dkeefer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am using mountain lion. 
The trouble started when I upgraded to workbench 1.75 .I tried to go back to an older version but it would not work.  

It seems I may have found a solution for now. I borrowed a friends PC and installed an older version of workbench. So far it seems like it's working but to tell the truth I have become so annoyed with it I haven't sat down and  tested it.

I used to be a big fan of Line6. I own 3 variaxes and a pod xt and enjoyed using all of them without a problem.

The main reason I use them is for the alternate tunings so I guess my "old technology" is destined for craigslist.

One variax is listed on ebay right now.

#4 dkeefer

dkeefer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

Variax 600 through Pod/xt Pro win XP  I gave up trying to solve this problem in Sept 2011. I got tired of arguing about whether or not i was hearing the unamplified strings through my headphones even when the sounds were blasting away in my ears. It is a sometimes its there sometimes it's not problem. I just don't used the alternate tuning that day and maybe the next time I try it it works without the ghost sounds. Or I use a real kapo when I want  it.  

What version of Workbench are you using? Are you usiing OS Mountain Lion? The reason I ask is that I just got a new Macbook Pro and from what I have read here it seems workbench will not work in Mavericks. in another thread i received a response saying there would be no further development of workbench to work in Mavericks. I am unhappy!!!  

I am using mountain lion. 
The trouble started when I upgraded to workbench 1.75 .I tried to go back to an older version but it would not work.  

It seems I may have found a solution for now. I borrowed a friends PC and installed an older version of workbench. So far it seems like it's working but to tell the truth I have become so annoyed with it I haven't sat down and  tested it.

I used to be a big fan of Line6. I own 3 variaxes and a pod xt and enjoyed using all of them without a problem.

The main reason I use them is for the alternate tunings so I guess my "old technology" is destined for craigslist.

One variax is listed on ebay right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax, alt tunings, workbench

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users