Photo

Variax Ghost Notes In Alternate Tunings With Newest Workbench.

variax alt tunings workbench

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 parismatt

parismatt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I posted a comment yesterday, absolutely convinced that it was a software problem and not the acoustic sound of the guitar I was hearing.

I've since listened on some proper headphones and am not so sure... a rehearsal this week will hopefully make this clearer.

My JTV-59 is so much louder acoustically than my old 700 and I'm beginning to believe this may really be the source!

#42 rabiddiabetic

rabiddiabetic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

My Variax 600 is now absolutely useless for alt tunings.  It would be nice if L6 would chime in other then saying bring it to a service center.  My alt tunings have worked for years and I just recently made some changes in Workbench (updated version on win7 machine) and poof it's all messed up. Even if I drop just the low E to D, all the other strings are playing two notes. Sabotage?  To bad because this thing sounds great with the  Ghost saddles I put on a few years ago.  Hopefully help is on it's way?

#43 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

There is no NEW workbench for the 600.

#44 rabiddiabetic

rabiddiabetic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

I was previously using version 1.58 or something like that on an XP machine .  So not sure if 1.75 on win7 had anything to do with it?  just going through what was done differently then before.  

#45 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

1.75 has been out for years. 

#46 rabiddiabetic

rabiddiabetic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for steering me in the right direction Charlie. Ground wires on two of the saddles found their way loose.  All is good.  Sorry L6 I need a Snickers.

#47 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Glad you solved it.  I had grounding problems on my 500 with the original piezos.  I also upgraded to the Ghost saddles.  It was difficult to connect all of the ground wires but the results were worth the effort.  No more grounding problems.  I wish that Line6 would do that on the newer Variax designs.  It's still the single wire relying on the case for ground.  This works for a while but it's easy to have a bad ground which causes all sorts of problems like the one you had.

#48 clay-man

clay-man

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

Glad you solved it.  I had grounding problems on my 500 with the original piezos.  I also upgraded to the Ghost saddles.  It was difficult to connect all of the ground wires but the results were worth the effort.  No more grounding problems.  I wish that Line6 would do that on the newer Variax designs.  It's still the single wire relying on the case for ground.  This works for a while but it's easy to have a bad ground which causes all sorts of problems like the one you had.

You could solder the ground wires to 1 wire then lead it to the place where the ground is.

I agree about using the case again for ground. Bad design which will ultimately cause grime and oil to disconnect the ground when enough gets in there.

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#49 rabiddiabetic

rabiddiabetic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

You could solder the ground wires to 1 wire then lead it to the place where the ground is.

I agree about using the case again for ground. Bad design which will ultimately cause grime and oil to disconnect the ground when enough gets in there.

That's exactly what I did when I fixed the problem, much easier then getting all the ghost saddle ground wires to ground point.

#50 collingtech

collingtech

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:36 PM

hey guys where i get the 3.00 flash memory firmware?

thanks

#51 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

first you build a delorean.... then you find 1.2 jiggawatts.... mash the gas and hit 88mph.

if i had to field a guess for 3.0, you might try 2017

hey guys where i get the 3.00 flash memory firmware?

thanks

#52 collingtech

collingtech

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

well thats demoting , actually my variax had bricked so im evaluating options , i could do a reflash , i had the tools but the .vxf apears to be proprietary from line 6 i cannot open in my flash programer , i need a hex file format or similar , pretty lollipop situation actually, guess start looking for a reflah service in some line6 service center (will cost an arm?) after searching for a new board whit no sucess what more i can do?? yep the delorean thing wont work , the flux capacitor is broken actually

#53 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

sorry dude i was trying to be funny and thought this was the pod group where 2.6 just came out.

what variax do you have?

well thats demoting , actually my variax had bricked so im evaluating options , i could do a reflash , i had the tools but the .vxf apears to be proprietary from line 6 i cannot open in my flash programer , i need a hex file format or similar , pretty lollipop situation actually, guess start looking for a reflah service in some line6 service center (will cost an arm?) after searching for a new board whit no sucess what more i can do?? yep the delorean thing wont work , the flux capacitor is broken actually

#54 collingtech

collingtech

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

variax 700

#55 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

have you tried doing the flash from another computer?

#56 collingtech

collingtech

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

yep (3 separate computers same result) , after 20 minutes a error display when triyng to update( error code 8000900C MIDI device timed out) , as i read in forums, i just brick the thing

(http://line6.com/sup...w/thread/86238/) same beatyfull history

#57 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

i'd suggest opening a support ticket, and maybe calling them (M-F 9-5PST) they can probably walk you through some options.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

#58 Segomil

Segomil

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMorin Height
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

It's the same for My variax JTV69 & much more ... https://www.youtube....h?v=RDJFAqsnueo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax, alt tunings, workbench