Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd150 Ohm Question

RNRage

Nah. I have 2 cabs.. Both have a 12 and 2x8's. One reads out 10.21 ohms on the meter.. The other, 8 ohms even. Run in parallel, that's roughly 4.5 ohms.. Which should be safe to run.. I'm just checking here first, lol.

Attached a pic of the 2 cabs. . They're between the Mesa and Marshall 4x12 cabs.

Don't think I've ever had an amp with anything less than a 4 ohm minimum load. 8 ohms seems to be more common, but i've seen 4. I'm guessing you've got a single cab wired in stereo with two ins?

post-1585535-0-56832000-1393200609_thumb.jpg

Nah. I have 2 cabs.. Both have a 12 and 2x8's. One reads out 10.21 ohms on the meter.. The other, 8 ohms even. Run in parallel, that's roughly 4.5 ohms.. Which should be safe to run.. I'm just checking here first, lol.

Attached a pic of the 2 cabs. . They're between the Mesa and Marshall 4x12 cabs.

Wow...that looks like a fun room! I got a Mesa 2x12 cab I'm getting rid of...seems to be the only thing you ain't got, you want it, lol?

It's a very heavy room.. Especially for my bad back, lol. I just sold the Triple Rectifier and the Marshall 2x12 cab not too long ago. The blue Jackson and the black Epiphone LP are gone, as well. Bought myself quite a bit of goodies to replace them, though. The Marshall head and Mesa 4x12 cab are the next 2 pieces to hit the road. I have an old Yamaha 2x12 combo and a 2x12 cab that aren't in that picture.. They don't fit in the room. I have 2 bigger keyboard amps that aren't in that picture either. As well as a 3 space rack with an old Behringer V-Amp Pro. All 5 of those things are getting incorporated into my setup. The keyboard amps for the V-Amp.. The 2x12 for my Fender tube head I have sitting there.. The Yamaha combo because the thing is absolutely fantastic for Jazz cleans.. I'm just going to need a head to push those 2 oddball cabs that I have. That Marshall 4x12 is getting the front bezel pulled out of it and I'm installing a shelf into it.. It'll act as a shelf for my Fender head and inside, will house my pedals that I'm not using. I can always put the front bezel back on then, if I ever wanted to use it.

Wow...that looks like a fun room! I got a Mesa 2x12 cab I'm getting rid of...seems to be the only thing you ain't got, you want it, lol?