Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Video Of Me Jamming With My Jtv-69 And My New Amplifi 75!

ChristianArnold

Nice job!!! Sound is very good especially the acoustic and clean tones. How you getting them to sound so nice and bright. I have the 150 and everything that come through the amp just sounds muffled, like playing with a blanket over the amp. I'm beginning to think the amp is faulty. Have you published any of the tones you have created, it would be nice to compare the same sound on my amp just to establish if I do have an issue going on. That's if you don't mind.  :)

Nice job!!! Sound is very good especially the acoustic and clean tones. How you getting them to sound so nice and bright. I have the 150 and everything that come through the amp just sounds muffled, like playing with a blanket over the amp. I'm beginning to think the amp is faulty. Have you published any of the tones you have created, it would be nice to compare the same sound on my amp just to establish if I do have an issue going on. That's if you don't mind.  :)

Thanks for watching! To be honest, the only tone I created there was for the variax acoustic sounds and the resonators. The one I played at the very beginning was a tone match for Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. And the cleaner one with lots of delay is actually "Ambient Delays" which is a stock tone in the amp. I didn't even spend much time at all finding these tones. I love this amp! Plus it fits perfectly on that little stand. AND... my wife is cool with it staying in the living room. Very cool.

• Upvote 1

I keep mine right in my living room too... I'm playing a hundred times more because I don't have setup a bunch of gear e.g amp, pedals, etc. just to start playing. Now I simply pick up the guitar, flip the power switch and start playing. It sounds dang good too all without any hassle. Now if I could just fnd a good quality, inexpensive wireless guitar system so I could be completely wireless... unfortunately, the inexpensive ones ruin the tone and the good ones are too expensive.

Very good example of how to play and use that inconspicuous black box, Thanks !!

Thanks for watching!

I keep mine right in my living room too... I'm playing a hundred times more because I don't have setup a bunch of gear e.g amp, pedals, etc. just to start playing. Now I simply pick up the guitar, flip the power switch and start playing. It sounds dang good too all without any hassle. Now if I could just fnd a good quality, inexpensive wireless guitar system so I could be completely wireless... unfortunately, the inexpensive ones ruin the tone and the good ones are too expensive.

Having it right there makes everything so easy. I play a ton more too now that I have this amp.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, I finally got my AMPLIFI 75 watt yesterday. Check out this video of me jamming along with my JTV-69. I made a patch so all the acoustic and reso guitars sound good. Watch here:

Hi Christian, I have just started learning guitar at the age of 64 :-)  I have bought what I think is the best gear, and have a JTV 89 and just got an Amplifi 75. Haven't used the Amplifi much yet, but the built-in guitar sounds in the JTV seem to be overriden by the Amplifi built-in tones. Do you know what I need to do to get the JTV guitar sounds with the Amplifi 75? 

Cheers, Pete