Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting 500x To Pa System

GRIMESPACE

Hi all - I'm fairly new to the POD HD500X. Was using a Flextone III at church for some time. One of the things I've noticed with the POD is that the master volume does control the level sent out the balanced outputs, unlike my Flextone that had a separate trim volume control.

I'd like to know if there is a way to disable master volume control for the balanced outputs (just set it to max, like the instruction manual states, or let me adjust a fixed level via software trim), leaving the normal master for the headphone and unbalanced outputs. That way, I can plug it in to the PA at church without having to worry about setting my level, and then not have my ears blown out at home when I plug the headphones in and forget to drop the volume level.

Thanks!

Smgrimes,

The master volume is always tethered to the outputs of the HD500X, really no way around what you are looking for. When building presets I would recommend turning your master up fairly high and balancing your clean tones against the high gain tones and making sure there are no significant jumps from preset to preset; that way your presets have enough head room for loud scenarios and can accommodate all the quiet ones as well. Fortunately the master volume is a hardware control, you just have to be mindful of where it is set once you shift from application to application.

If you have any suggestions for future product hardware/software features, I recommend going to our ideascale page and posting your thoughts.

http://line6.ideascale.com

Joe

@line6jbutter

If it helps anybody else, I always use an in-line volume control for my headphones (actually in-ear monitors) - learnt that lesson on planes where the "absolutely vital" captains announcements override the local volume settings which I had as close to minimum as possible and damn near deafened me.  Now I always max the device volume and reduce it down to a safe level with the in-line volume (something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-Earphone-In-Line-Volume-Control/dp/B008EWP07E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D11734J2W4BH4B1JZB2).