Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Calibrate Second Expression Pedal

radatats

Doing some routine maintenance tonight and I couldn't find any procedure to recalibrate my second expression pedal.  Is there a way to do it?  Is there even a need to do it?

By the way, when recording a clip tonight Studio One crashed and it corrupted my firmware.  I had to reflash and Monkey wanted to update to 2.2 so i said OK but it died in the middle of the update and the POD was stuck with the dreaded UPDATE FIRMWARE message even after a restart.  Monkey still saw it though so I rolled back to 2.1 and it took.  I then retried 2.2 and it worked good this time.  Did a Global reset and calibrated the pedal.  That's when I noticed there is no procedure to recalibrate the second one.

Had to tighten the pedal too, lucky I had my own Allen wrenches 'cause God knows where the Line 6 one is...

As I recall, there is no way to calibrate.  I think it's because it's based on the ohmage of the pedal which is why you need to get a pedal with the right ohm parameters.  Specifically a pedal with a 10Kohm potentiometer.  The pedal on the HD is optical based on the brightness of the led so it wold need some kind of calibration.

so it can't be calibrated but it can be modified to work a little better.  I may try that as it seems to be quite clunky in its operation.  Hardly linear, jerky, all on or all off, and not a full sweep.  Usable, but if it can be made better I may try...

thanks everyone...