4 replies to this topic

#1 Clee68

Clee68

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

This may be an old topic but I can't seem to find a "tuner" button/function in Gearbox when using POD X3. It has the "tuner" button/feature in GuitarPort but not with POD X3. I would assume Gearbox would have the same feature for the POD X3 since its a better interface and I know the POD X3 has a "tuner" button on the actual interface. Maybe an update with that feature in the near future???? Any information about it would be helpful.

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi Clee68.  Gearbox has been obsoleted.  Unfortunately, there will be no more updates for it.  You'll need to use the X3's onboard tuner.  Sorry.

#3 Clee68

Clee68

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Oh ok. So what is replacing the gearbox that people prefer to use, POD Farm?

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Pod Farm is the next step up. I'm still using Gearbox with an X3Pro and UX2. The UX2 has the tuner in the GUI the X3Pro does not. I would say line 6 did that 'cause the UX2 does not have the tuner in the device itself. I may someday get the latest Pod Farm but for now I have good tones with Gearbox. Many say Pod Farm is way better than Gearbox.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#5 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

You can still use Gearbox to edit your X3 settings, but Line 6 will not be putting any more development into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users