Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Here's A L6 Support Sevice Joke Of An Answer

wcmexbm

I'm posting this for all to see...It's actually pretty funny in a pathetic sort of way.

Yesterday I posted a question here on the forum wondering why the "stereo" FX loop send and return were being summed to mono when trying to patch in an Eventide H9 ( but really Any type) stereo effects processor using the dual mono stereo send and return on the Pod HD400.

Later, I contacted support services directly about this same question, Here's the answer I received.

Hey ,This is because the effects send is designed to hook up to an amps FX loop which are mono.  Regards,Will - Line 6 Support

First off.. think about it a little bit;

Now, WHY in Hell are there FOUR 1/4" jacks on the rear of the HD400 two  labeled ( L-FX Send-R) & (L-FX Return-R) ?

Ha!, This is a non-answer at it's finest...

• Upvote 1

The OP's preset is using a mono Reverb FX after the FX Loop. The Reverb FX is  doing the summing to mono.

Well, not exactly... there are no mono reverbs in the HD.  However, the reverbs are not true stereo either.  Just for clarification sake before there are a million new posts asking WTF?  Check out the below link to the full table of stereo/mono features for all effects...

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects/m5-m9-m13/stereomono-fx-routing-table-r127

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

If a machine has stereo send and stereo return hardware jacks NO mono summing is allowed. If it is the case:

1 - the hardware designer

OR

2 - software designer

OR

3 - project manager

is at fault.

m.p.

P.S.: please note that FX blocks selection (before and after) should be correct for stereo use.

And yes, the answer is pathetic.

While I understand the OP's frusteration there is more than one person working at Line 6. Sometimes it takes more than 1 phone call and in todays world more than 1 text message or email to get the best answer to a question. Which brings us to a forum on the subject. Years ago I remember having to make many phone calls with different people in different locations to get to the bottom of a problem, which made me good at what I did 'cause I took the time to get the knowledge.

That support answer is definitely not correct! My understanding was always that the POD HD FX Loop is primarily designed for adding additional pedal/rack fx units into your POD signal chain nothing to do with an amp (although lots of folks use the FX Loop for other connections too, since they are basically a nice way to take another signal out to an amp or other device).

Regarding the FX Loop stereo operation though - I don't see the problem you describe with my HD500. Perhaps the HD400 is different. Have you tried turning all FX off except for one stereo effect?