Photo

Tracks In Garageband

ux2 garageband apple mac recording vocals guitar tracks multitrack podfarm

Best Answer TheRealZap , 24 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

you have to enable multitrack recording in garageband first, its off by default.

multitrack-2-221635.jpg

then you need to select the mono input on the instrument screen (to the right of your multitracks)

Screen-shot-2010-12-08-at-11.38.55-AM.pn

do this for 2 tracks and set the input as appropriate arm them and have at it.

Record-multiple-tracks.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrenMari

BrenMari

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hello all,

Currently, I have been recording some songs on my UX2 and everything is turning out pretty good. The program I'm using at the moment is GarageBand (might get Reaper) and I have questions regarding the program and recording.

1) How do I go about recording vocals and guitar at the same time BUT on separate tracks? (if that makes any sense at all, the weird diagram down there should 'hopefully' explain my objective). 

|Guitar|~~~~~~~

|Vocals|~~~ ~~

2) What my problem is, is that I record the both the guitar and vocals but the two come out on the same track. I have even tried making a separate track (like the diagram up there) and I still get the same result. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to fix? Multi-tracking didn't work either but I assume I'd still need to multi-track if I'm going to record vocals and guitar at the same time, right?

3) I usually mic up the guitar as well, but am I better off just putting the guitar into the UX2's input? 

If there is a link that answers this question, by all means share. 

Thank you in advance :)

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:45 AM   Best Answer

you have to enable multitrack recording in garageband first, its off by default.

multitrack-2-221635.jpg

then you need to select the mono input on the instrument screen (to the right of your multitracks)

Screen-shot-2010-12-08-at-11.38.55-AM.pn

do this for 2 tracks and set the input as appropriate arm them and have at it.

Record-multiple-tracks.jpg

#3 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

1) Do you have POD Farm 2.5? If so, select Dual Tone in POD Farm. In the Mixer view on the left side for input select guitar for Tone A and Mic for Tone B (or vise versa). Then on the right side for sends1-2 select Record Tone A and for sends 3-4 select Record Tone B. In your DAW make sure you have all four Inputs of the UX2 enabled and arm 2 tracks to record. Have one track receive inputs 1-2 and the other 3-4.

2) Not sure what you mean by multi-tracking not working. You should be able to record a track. Then upon playback record another separate track.

3) That is a matter of taste. But not having to mic guitars is one of the reasons users purchase a UX2.

Also, if you have a POD Studio which came bundled with POD Farm 2, you could record you dry guitar signal then add the plug-in post processing.

#4 daai

daai

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

1) Do you have POD Farm 2.5? If so, select Dual Tone in POD Farm. In the Mixer view on the left side for input select guitar for Tone A and Mic for Tone B (or vise versa). Then on the right side for sends1-2 select Record Tone A and for sends 3-4 select Record Tone B. In your DAW make sure you have all four Inputs of the UX2 enabled and arm 2 tracks to record. Have one track receive inputs 1-2 and the other 3-4.

2) Not sure what you mean by multi-tracking not working. You should be able to record a track. Then upon playback record another separate track.

3) That is a matter of taste. But not having to mic guitars is one of the reasons users purchase a UX2.

Also, if you have a POD Studio which came bundled with POD Farm 2, you could record you dry guitar signal then add the plug-in post processing.

hello .. pls .. audio set up for Studio one pro 2 ( i want to record guitar and vocal separate tracks at the same time .. show me the way how to set up i/o from DAW pls.. thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ux2, garageband, apple, mac, recording, vocals, guitar, tracks, multitrack, podfarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users