Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Midi Controling Amp Channels

MGblade

hi

i have a brunetti xl r-evo wich i run my 500x by 4cm.

i want to control the amp channels by midi with the 500x instead of the amps footswitch.

i'm a midi noob so any help is appreciated,

this is wat the amps manual says:

"the MIDI system receive in "OMNI" mode to store channel:

1) select the preset on you're midi footswitch.

2) push and keep the button switch on the front pannel for about 6 seconds till the leds blink"

step1 and 2 i get, but what i want to know is wich message type i have to program within HD EDIT to change the channels etc.

grts Marcel

no midi expert... but have you tried installing midi-ox, open the monitor window, and then switch channels on the amp? perhaps it will show you some midi activity that you can use?

maybe not... and might be a bit of effort for no result... but i'm not aware of any universal type commands....

although you could always search and see what mesa/marshall/etc use and that might point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

no midi expert... but have you tried installing midi-ox, open the monitor window, and then switch channels on the amp? perhaps it will show you some midi activity that you can use?

maybe not... and might be a bit of effort for no result... but i'm not aware of any universal type commands....

although you could always search and see what mesa/marshall/etc use and that might point you in the right direction.

thanks!!!

managed to work it out , i use the "program change" mode, works great!!

the pod saves the midi settings per bank,

but my plan was to create different patches for each channel and use fs 5,6,7,8  for channel changing in abcd mode  A+B clean channel C boost channel D lead/solo channel so i can use different effects for each channel, but the pod doesn,t spillover effects between patches :wacko: am i wright?? 

That's correct, it would take double the processing (DSP) to spillover, because you'd need to process both the previous and the current tone at the same time.

thanks!!!

managed to work it out , i use the "program change" mode, works great!!

the pod saves the midi settings per bank,

but my plan was to create different patches for each channel and use fs 5,6,7,8  for channel changing in abcd mode  A+B clean channel C boost channel D lead/solo channel so i can use different effects for each channel, but the pod doesn,t spillover effects between patches :wacko: am i wright?? 

you can "enable" spillover, to work with the effects loop... so if you put a delay or whatever in the loop it will allow spillover.

(it basically mutes the loop input and allow the output to remain on.)

extra complication... but an option is better than no option.