15 replies to this topic

#1 nckpage

nckpage

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Warning. I would not recommend to try a firmware update. The process failed for me and there are many others who have had similar problems and line 6 can't seem to post a solution so I guess it means they don't have one. If you depend on your gear don't try it.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15700 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

what are you talking about? your only posts so you seriously never even asked a question....

there are many things that could fix your issue...

as well as a failsafe way to restore the factory settings if you do manage to hose it up.....

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

If you are interested in trying to resolve whatever the problem is, and achieve a successful firmware update, please describe exactly your setup, computer system, the update procedure you are following, and where/how it is failing along with any error message displayed.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

I didn't have any problems first try, the only thing I had to do was make sure I updated the software for my midi interface. I'm still using the latest DT50 frimware update without any real problems since November 2013. Right on, Silverhead.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#5 theoptimizers

theoptimizers

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, USA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

That is a very strange post.

Livin' the Dream - DT50 / JTV-59P / HD500

#6 WaubinHood

WaubinHood

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sounds trollish :/

Firmware updates do usually make things work better. I had version 1.0 for so short time i really don't know if there were any big issues with it, but for me those 30 amps were enough to get the update. With working gear (MIDI interface that is) whole operation is over in couple of minutes.

#7 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ok, I'm a little slow, lol. it's strange. Come to think of it there a quite a few strange ones, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt witch in Internet land is not good.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

#8 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I had problems with doing the patch to my DT25.  I found that if I downloaded the latest driver for the M-audio device, downloaded the firmware file, logged into monkey, it worked.  I agree that it's very picky but it does work.

#9 PANT666666

PANT666666

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

DT25 allows for firmware updates?    Holy macarolli.... Im gonna try it tonight!

#10 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

DT25 allows for firmware updates?    Holy macarolli.... Im gonna try it tonight!

I use this guy:

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00007JRBM

Do not forget to get the latest drivers

http://www.m-audio.c...serie_ID=4#tabs

And to log in to monkey:

Good luck!

#11 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

That's what I used drshultz, worked like charm.

#12 PANT666666

PANT666666

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I have an older MIDI to USB  connector - I think it is a Yamaha.  Lets review:

Plug MIDI In and Out to amp and USB to PC >>> Bring up Monkey >>> follow prompts to perform any driver updates first >>> possible reboot >>>> Download firmware update to DT25 112 >>> Done...  (sound right - or should the MIDI to USB drivers be installed prior to anything ? 

#13 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Install the midi device driver update first. sounds like everything is a correctomundo.

You ought to do what I usually do: Just jump into the updates, break said software into teeny weanie micro peices, and theeeeeeeen learn what I did wrong and fix it, lol.

#14 PANT666666

PANT666666

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for the reply - I work in IT so I have had enough of the trial and error.   I should have trial and error tattooed.  Anyway,   just FYI - Yamaha UX16 is on the "works well with DT25 112 firmware upgrades" list.   Had success with the whole mess despite a few tries with the MIDI before it became functional.  Thanks to all for you direction

#15 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for the reply - I work in IT so I have had enough of the trial and error.   I should have trial and error tattooed.  Anyway,   just FYI - Yamaha UX16 is on the "works well with DT25 112 firmware upgrades" list.   Had success with the whole mess despite a few tries with the MIDI before it became functional.  Thanks to all for you direction

Cool, now can fool around the new options.

#16 notryt

notryt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

I need the link to the firware .. The link is no longer available on the site... Just a page showing what the update does... directs you to a download section that doesnt have the firmware available... could someone email me a url.. or if the program is small enough ... an attachment.....  notqytryt@netzero.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users