Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

500 W/o Cable Or Pedal

I just bought a 500 w/o the cable or pedal from a local guitar shop.  First of all, is there somewhere I can get the pedal?  If not, can I plug the cable into my spider amp so that I don't have to use the batteries?  My first choice would be to find the cable, because if I'm not mistaken, I can't use the alternate tunings without it.  (I can't pick the guitar up until Friday because it is used and legally can't be released until a month after it is bought by the store.)  Thanks.

the pedal (XPS kit) is here: https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/line6/10Expand.aspx?ProductCode=98-034-0105

there are no spider amps that have a variax input so don't do that!

(you need a pod)

you can do alternate tunings etc without the pedal....

BUT... you need a variax interface to program those alternate tunings....

http://www.amazon.com/Line-6-Variax-Workbench-1-5/dp/B000JKR81A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394026906&sr=8-2&keywords=variax+interface

(the software is actually free... but the interface comes with the package)

I recommend that you use the Batteries and a standard guitar cable.  I use six AA size NIMH rechargeable batteries in mine and I keep two sets.  The power supply is expensive to buy and you also need a TRS cable to use with it.  Batteries are dead quiet and they work fine for me.  If you get one of the pods that supports the variax digital cable, you don't need batteries with that.  ( I have the HD500x)  I would put your $$ toward a pod rather than that XPS kit.