Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions For Using A Chorus To Imitate Double Tracking?

briandshelby

Hi all,

I love that thick sounds you get from double tracking with really tight playing. BUT, I'm recording a tough rhythm section and having difficulty playing multiple takes that line up well. I know - I need to practice. In the meantime, does anyone have suggestions for how to set up a chorus effect so that my left and right channels would sound close but distinct? Any ideas for which chorus and settings? Maybe split the signal path after the amp and have a very light chorus in only one side and pan the two paths?

A quick search here didn't show anything useful. Going direct out with S/PDIF to an interface, if that matters.

Thanks - Brian

...or...Setup a dual amp patch, with both sides having the same amp/cab, and put a short (20-40ms) digital delay 100% wet on one side only, before the amp. 100% wet will result in only the delayed sound going thru. Pan each side a little bit left and right to taste.

• Upvote 2

I used the above solution a couple of times, but I stopped using it because although it gives a more tridimensional effect it seems to me that doing so I get more artifacts in the final sound..

so putting it in the post section at 50% mix gives you the same thing but with better results?  I will check it out...  thanks!