5 replies to this topic

#1 frstrat

frstrat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

The Line6 JTV-89F I bought last year is working out great - just one minor issue.  There is a fair amount of play between the tremolo arm assembly and the tremolo arm housing.  

I've googled for possible fixes - one I've come across is replacing the current arm and housing assembly with and older style unit that works on a different principle.  Here is a link to the item:

Will this unit fit in the GraphTech Floyd native to the JTV?

Thanks,

Floyd (Floyd Rose and I were ironically born in the same Colorado town)

#2 bowermang

bowermang

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I have the same issue.  The arm rattles if I'm trying to use the tremolo across the midpoint.  Sweetwater thought that all Strat tremolos feel the same because it's loose enough to slide in and out at 3 o'clock and sticks around 6 o'clock.  

#3 frstrat

frstrat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I solved the issue by placing a small section of spring in the tremolo arm socket.  The upward tension of the spring keeps the collar from coming loose.  The arm is wobble is gone and the arm stays in position.

#4 vettacam77

vettacam77

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hi fellow axers...

It sounds like I've had this same issue.... My fix was to remove the entire bridge...VERY CAREFULLY as to not break the piezo cables and underneath where the trem bar inserts was a hex screw that was loose. I tightened that and it fixed my problem..... My 2 cents for anyone else that may come across this problem. :)

#5 frstrat

frstrat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Good first step.  The hex screw on my bridge was tight, but a loose hex screw is a common culprit for wobbly bar.

Thanks for the input!

F

#6 canerakcil

canerakcil

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

You can try inserting a spring like 'frstrat' said. You can see on this video...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users