I just did this rotary encoder replacement, and I took a few pictures of the process.
Took me a couple of hours.
Thanks to Haight Asbury Music who bothered to send a couple of these encoders all the way to Norway.
The broken switch
New replacement switch
Back panel off. Beware of the placement of the steel-part vertically in the middle and make sure this is in place before closing the unit when done.
The area where the encoder is mounted on the pcb.
Remove the "nuts" from the jack plugs. Beware that the plastic washers are REALLY fragile. A couple of them just broke to pieces by staring on them.
The wires to the exp.pedal. The glue must be cut/removed
The wires to the pedal switches.
Remove the screws from the XLR-sockets.
AND this little torx/hex screw
Remove the torx/hex screws for the display/rotary panel. It's probably smart to remove the knobs as well to make the disassembly easier.
So far so good and about time to switch on the soldering iron.
Remove the plastic "switches". They have "clips" on each side through the pcb
The good encoder, the bad and ugly encoder.
A couple of pics of how the encoder is soldered
The area with the encoder desoldered and cleaned up.
The new encoder soldered in place...