The 5 hours may be the solution, but here is what I did, (I'm running Windows 8)
1. Loaded the latest driver for the M-Audio Uno.
2, Found out my computer has both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, (only USB 2.0 works with the Uno)
3. Downloaded and saved the patch file.
4. Tried all the suggestions above, nothing worked so after 1 1/2 hours I shut everything down and had dinner.
5. Came back 3 hours later, and I turned on the DT 25 with my Uno connected to the computer. Also had my HD500 connected by USB, but not to the DT25.
6. Turned on the computer and fired up Line Monkey. It recognized the HD 500, but had to find the DT25. Changed the MIDI in & out settings to UNO.
7. Tried loading the update but it crashed again, (got an 80000002 error which is can't find the device).
8. Clicked on the Find Device button on Line Monkey and it found the DT25 again.
9. Updated the DT 25 using the file I downloaded and........... IT WORKED!
I'm not sure what made it finally work, so I just listed everything I did. I don't think having the HD500 connected made a difference, but who knows. If I were to guess, it was shutting everything done for a while and trying again, (letting the frustration level drop). The second time I also had to log into Line Monkey instead of the typical auto log in. Maybe try logging in and out and see if that works.
Now off to see what this update can do!