4 replies to this topic

#1 xz0so

xz0so

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I just got in my new dt25 head, I hook up to it via L6 link from my hd500. It sounds awesome but l`ve noticed I few issues and I was curious if anyone else has experienced this. When I switch from one patch to another there is an audible pop as the dt25 reconfigures its power section. I don't know if it's important to note this is in low volume mode, haven't tried full volume. Second issue I setup dual amps say a Vox ac 30 and a fender blackface on the same patch. One off and one on, both tied to the same foot switch that way I can a/b between. However sometimes when switching the knobs on the pod and the dt25 are not able to control the selected amp any longer.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

The pop sound is normal when the amp is changing the power section.  Yeah it can be a hassle but I don't know of any amps that reconfigure themselves that way.  I don't use low power mode much.  Since the the firmware update to the HD500 uses the master control it makes the tone much more usable at lower volumes.

I have not done a dual amp patch so can't speak for the other issue.

#3 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm pretty sure what your experiencing is normal behavior. I remember having the same issues so I just made my patches accordingly, be creative and go a different route.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#4 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

DT knobs will only sync with the amp in channel A.  If you turn off the amp in channel A, the DT will switch to its internal channel B amp and whatever knob settings you have.

Picture4.png

#5 xz0so

xz0so

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yes I just discovered the usefulness of the master on the pod when hooked to the dt25 it really is sweet. Thanks for the input on the patches, I knew I could switch that way, just wanted to make sure that after spending 900 bucks I wasn't getting shorted.

Thanks,
Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users