#1 xz0so

xz0so

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I just got in my new dt25 head, I hook up to it via L6 link from my hd500. It sounds awesome but l`ve noticed I few issues and I was curious if anyone else has experienced this. When I switch from one patch to another there is an audible pop as the dt25 reconfigures its power section. I don't know if it's important to note this is in low volume mode, haven't tried full volume. Second issue I setup dual amps say a Vox ac 30 and a fender blackface on the same patch. One off and one on, both tied to the same foot switch that way I can a/b between. However sometimes when switching the knobs on the pod and the dt25 are not able to control the selected amp any longer.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

The pop sound is normal when the amp is changing the power section.  Yeah it can be a hassle but I don't know of any amps that reconfigure themselves that way.  I don't use low power mode much.  Since the the firmware update to the HD500 uses the master control it makes the tone much more usable at lower volumes.

I have not done a dual amp patch so can't speak for the other issue.

#3 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2316 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm pretty sure what your experiencing is normal behavior. I remember having the same issues so I just made my patches accordingly, be creative and go a different route.

"SoundCloud Playlist"

#4 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2317 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

DT knobs will only sync with the amp in channel A.  If you turn off the amp in channel A, the DT will switch to its internal channel B amp and whatever knob settings you have.

Quit complaining and DO something or help somebody with their issues...

#5 xz0so

xz0so

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yes I just discovered the usefulness of the master on the pod when hooked to the dt25 it really is sweet. Thanks for the input on the patches, I knew I could switch that way, just wanted to make sure that after spending 900 bucks I wasn't getting shorted.

Thanks,
Mike