1 reply to this topic

#1 rox280s

rox280s

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

I have found out on here that resetting amp will not take firmware from 2.00 to 1.17 on the Spider Valve MKII 212. I am getting the fbv shortboard this week (on its way). My question is do I need to reset amp first, then DL 1.17 off here or can i just get the 1.17? I am not worried about losing anything. I have my main dirty settings written down. Just what's the best way to go about this? I tralked to tech support 2 weeks ago and they told me once in monkey click on upload from file and find 1.17. Just didn't know if I needed to reset first or would amp automatically reset when i get 1.17 back.
Thanks anyone.

#2 bluebluetones

bluebluetones

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Reverting to the earlier firmware is very easy using monkey.  As I recall, you just click on the firmware version, and somewhere on the screen you will have the option to revert to the earlier firmware.

It's very easy.  There might be a prompt to ask "Do you want to back-up your presets?" or something like that, but in your case you don't seem to need to.  You can click yes or no...

I wonder why you want to try the earlier firmware?  The Spider's are so much more with the 1.52 and then 2.0 update.  You will be missing so many effects!

I too was curious what was different about the amp models, and have switched back to the early firmware at least twice a few years ago.  I heard absolutely no difference, but boy did I miss all the new features!

Hope it works smoothly for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spider valve mkii, 1.17 firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users