#2 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

This looks promising, a lot of new features:

I will definitely be getting this one in one form or another. they say it will be sold like amplitube: Free basic version  and then you can buy whatever module/amp  after trying it out. Based on clips, this sounds better than anything and everything out there, I doubt that the finger response will be bad. I honestly think this will be a game changer and it might be what line 6 is waiting for to release POD farm HD (likely for free for those with Line 6 hardware, otherwise,,,,)

#3 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

There's a couple of new videos up on Youtube, it appears to be completely rebuilt. I think we are only a few weeks away from it's release.

#4 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

#5 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Seems like revalver went to ideascale, check our ideas and get this....

#6 smrybacki

smrybacki

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, PA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

I like the idea of getting down to the schematic level and changing components.

#7 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

I like the idea of getting down to the schematic level and changing components.

Yes, imagine loading an amp and then swamping tubes. Everything about that amp can change, the bottom end, the sparkle, etc. 

#8 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

http://mba646.wix.com/revalverweb/#!sound/c104v

#9 tgastel

tgastel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Okay, looks great.  But, this is a piece of software.  Is there an accompanying pedal board with brains, foot switches and pedal(s) to exports your tones/patches to?  Or a stromp box-ish thing?  Didn't Digitech do that? Programmable stomp boxes...

If so, we can run it through the effects loops on our PODs!

#10 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

Peavey isn't saying much at this time, but it would be a disservice if they do not manufacture a piece of hardware similar to the HD500X. 

#11 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

*Update*

To be officially released on August 19th.

http://peavey.com/fo...=269225#p269225

Check out the demo and info page:

http://peavey.com/products/revalver/

#12 geeker

geeker

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Sweet!!!! hope they will offer an special price "update" from III mk 4

Is that?????????????

#13 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

"Okay, looks great.  But, this is a piece of software.  Is there an accompanying pedal board with brains, foot switches and pedal(s) to exports your tones/patches to?  Or a stromp box-ish thing?  Didn't Digitech do that? Programmable stomp boxes...

If so, we can run it through the effects loops on our PODs!"

I have been experimenting with methods to get around lack of Global EQ (in order to flatten out unwanted peaks in response of PA speaker); you can connect HD500 via USB to PC, change ASIO settings to zero Real Time Monitoring, run any VST in a VST Host using ASIO, and the HD Processing Results are run through the VST and back out the main HD outputs. Using only EQ VSTs I have a 10ms latency for this.

Swap EQ VST for Revalver, hook up a MIDI connection from HD500 to PC and use an empty HD Patch....

#14 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Here's a quick run through of the amp models and a good look at the GUI:

The Peavey 6505 is a hell of an amp, I don't know why it wasn't or hasn't yet been included in the HD series. I certainly understand why it's so requested after spending several hours with the Revalver modeled version. To be honest, I have no real world experience with the real deal, because I have never had the opportunity to use one which means i certainly could not say how well Peavey modeled it.  But I can say that the Revalver 4 version is very versatile and the tones available are delicious. 

One thing that I have noticed with the recent version of S-Gear and the newly released Revalver 4, is that they reproduce that midrange sizzle (think Ratt, Dokken, etc.) when playing chords that epitomized the 80's hair metal rhythm's. You can achieve that with the HD500, but you have to do some tweaking to bring it out, with Revalver and S-Gear, it's right there in the fore front. Maybe it's my imagination...........

#15 aaron__aardvark

aaron__aardvark

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationNear Los Angeles

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

I tried the demo version, it put a real strain on my computer; my worst gripe about it.  I was lucky to have one session of it open & not cause problems (working on a song in Cubase with lots of soft-synths & vocals).  The factory presets had a lot of treble to my ears.

#16 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Interesting, that doesn't sound right. In the upper right hand corner of the Revalver GUI is a meter showing the CPU %. On my system, it stayed around 8%.

As far as too much treble, I didn't get that impression at all. I'm sure there is a big difference from system to system depending on what hardware you are using, how you are monitoring(studio monitors, etc.) as well as the room that you are in. Some rooms wreck havoc with sound.

#17 aaron__aardvark

aaron__aardvark

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Riblues,

My ears are sensitive to high frequencies, so maybe it's just me.  For me, the PodXT has more of a full (less trebly) sound.  With the song I was working on with CubaseLE4, my ASIO meter (don't know how accurate it is) would go from about 33%, to sometimes maxing out at 100% just by activating Revalver 4.  I'll have to pay more attention to the Revalver gui CPU% in the future.  Are the beeping noises on Revalver 4 only because it is in the demo mode?  It does that for me also.  Or is it just loading the patch?

#18 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

Yes, the beeps are part of the demo version only.

I understand what you mean in regards to a "fuller" sound as I have heard the differences between various modeling programs and software over the years. It appears to me that the older versions such as pod farm do encompass a much wider frequency spectrum and have what some have described as a "Hi Fi" signature. I have also noticed that the latest modelers such as Revalver and S-Gear are closer to a guitar plugged into the front end of an amp tone which are not hitting the lows that modelers do and of course are mono which makes a big difference in perception. Keep in mind that most stock guitar cabs do not have a lot of low end, especially if it's a 1X12. 4X12 cabs go a little lower, but that's the cab size  as well as some resonant frequencies. I will emphasize the word stock such as the Marshall cabs that I have.

Try out S-Gear if you haven't already. 15 day free trial, no limitations as far as function I don't believe. Mike is definitely onto something.

#19 aaron__aardvark

aaron__aardvark

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Rlblues,

Funny you should mention S-Gear.  I just learned of its existence after reading about it on thegearpage.net yesterday.  I downloaded it last night, but I haven't tried it yet since I want to make the most of the 15 day trial period, if I like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users