Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 & 4 Cable Method Questions

TRandolph1957

I am running a 4 cable method with my  Pod hd500 through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and have several questions.

1.  How do I wire up and add analog pedals to work with my hd500?

2.  For some reason I cant use the record loop feature when using the 4 cable method?

Possible I have to move loop player in chain?

Would like to record my rhythms while playing with band so I can add leads in real time.

3.  What should the master volume on the hd500 be set at ? 

I appreciate any input I can get to get the very best sound. So far my rig sounds amazing.

Thank you & keep rocking. Timothy 

1. You can put analog pedals in front of the POD, or in the FX Loop (either before or after your actual amp) - as long as your pedals don't drop the signal too much (most don't) you should be fine. There are a few pedals out there that work better with line level signals vs guitar level signals so you may have to check that out and just make sure you have the levels set at their optimum.

2. For playing leads over a rhythm with the looper make sure it is moved to the end of the FX chain. (It can only be at the beginning or the end)

3. This depends on how all your other levels are setup. I'm using mine with a Rectoverb 25 and I run the master at 100% and have the output switch set to "amp". Alternatively you can set it to "line" and use the master on the pod as a master volume for the amp.