Photo

X3 Live Pod Farm 1

plug-in plugin x3 live pod farm ableton

Best Answer phil_m , 12 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

The license you get with the X3 is for the plug-in only, not for the standalone version. As far as getting the plug-in to show up in Ableton, I'm not sure how you do it, but most DAW will either search for plug-ins automatically, or you can manually load them if that doesn't work.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScaleViz

ScaleViz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on the POD Farm plug-in, my x3 Live shows all model packs and a podfarm 1 license, although I cannot seem to get POD farm to work in standalone mode when the X3 is connected, all the packs show up as installed on the splash screen then I get told that there is no compatible device connected.

I have also tried the plugin from withing Ableton Suite and nothing shows up in the plugin section.

Thanks for looking.

Shane

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5478 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:16 AM   Best Answer

The license you get with the X3 is for the plug-in only, not for the standalone version. As far as getting the plug-in to show up in Ableton, I'm not sure how you do it, but most DAW will either search for plug-ins automatically, or you can manually load them if that doesn't work.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15346 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

you need to set the path to the pod farm vst folder in ableton... something like program files\line6\pod farm\vst

#4 ScaleViz

ScaleViz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Thanks guys I did set the path manually and its good to know the license is for the plugin only, I wont bother with it then, cause I'm getting the sounds through the X3 anyway so I suppose its irrelevant, and Ableton is not picking up the plugin, Ive copied it to its own folder, specified the pod path and still nothing, so I give up more time to play with the thing.

By the way If anyone on this forum wants a code for a free download of my App that shows how music theory relates to the guitar fretboard, drop me an email via

http://scaleviz.com and ill send you a code, the App is for iPhone/iPod only, still working on the next version, when my brain functions, which on the rare ocassion it does, but then I see one of my guitars staring at me. Doh!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plug-in, plugin, x3 live, pod farm, ableton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users