Photo

Does The Fx Loop Send Sum To Mono?

pod hd500 fx loop 4cm trs sum to mono

Best Answer FatboyJohnny , 14 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

If you use a standard cable, the send will automatically sum.  Standard cable from send to return (mono) will give a summed signal.  I frequently use external overdrive pedals like the OCD in the chain before the amp model and have never had issues with mono/stereo when doing that.  When I want to use full stereo effects in the loop, I just use a small Y cable that takes a stereo plug and splits it to separate left and right plugs.  Very simple.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Ok, so the FX loop send is stereo and it says use a TRS plug.  But what if I want to send a mono signal out?  Do I need a TRS adapter to get both channels to go out?  If I use a mono plug, does it sum to mono for me or will I only be sending one channel?  I can't find any documentation on it so if anyone knows for sure, I appreciate the help...

Picture4.png

#2 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

Just place a mono FX (eg noise gate 100/0) before the FX loop block.

According to documentation, the FX send jack provides a stereo (when using a TRS cable). 

So, if u do not wanna use the mono FX solution, check by trial 'n error.

#3 FatboyJohnny

FatboyJohnny

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:10 AM   Best Answer

If you use a standard cable, the send will automatically sum.  Standard cable from send to return (mono) will give a summed signal.  I frequently use external overdrive pedals like the OCD in the chain before the amp model and have never had issues with mono/stereo when doing that.  When I want to use full stereo effects in the loop, I just use a small Y cable that takes a stereo plug and splits it to separate left and right plugs.  Very simple.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod, hd500, fx loop, 4cm, trs, sum to mono

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users