Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fbv Express Mkii: Usb And Pc Audio Issues

Hey there,

I´m using my FBV with POD Farm 2 only (Windows 7, 64-Bit). There seems to be a problem with the audio or USB drivers. Sometimes the POD Farm sound is very bad when playing guitar, almost like an old tube amp about to bite the dust (or is it the next step in modeling technology? ;-)

I also have bad, kind of distorted audio when using Winamp or other Audio software to replay wave or mp3 files. AFTER disconnecting the FBV USB cable (although not in use at that moment) the sound is perfectly fine again.

Does anybody have similar issues?

Cheers

Marco

How are you getting your guitar signal into your computer?  The FBV is just a controller and should not affect the sound at all, other than using it to switch channels/effects.

Most times when people say they are getting a bad sound from PodFarm it is because they have the internal mixer set incorrectly and are getting a preset with heavy gain and distortion.

Hey,

sorry.. not enough info.. my bad. I´m a long-time Line 6 user. Started with the original POD way back.

Using the UX1, POD Farm 2.5 for many years on different computers. Recently updated POD Farm to 2.57, maybe it´s a driver issue, rollback was my next step to find the error source.

I thought it´s the MKII, but today the distorted sound also occured when it even wasn´t connected when starting Windows.

Use Line 6 Monkey and ensure you have the updated drivers installed.  Something's wrong with your sound drivers if any audio software gives bad playback of WAV files.  If you are using a UX1, it should be selected as your sound device, disable the internal sound card. I've heard of issues this way (2 conflicting sound devices), especially with Win8, but it could also happen with Win7.  I've never had the issue myself - I use a Tascam interface but I keep my internal soundcard activated for internet and Roxio software and have used it with both on (but obviously not playing at the same time) and never had issues.

I have had some issues with Podfarm recently though, where I could not get it to process the sound (as a plug-in in Reaper) and had to reboot Reaper to get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the above. The MkII was connected through a USB-Hub. Although it´s only MIDI and no audio, upon connecting the footcontroller, the entire PC-Audio was f***d up.

None of my other audio devices caused a problem like that before. It would have been a great surprise, if it had something to do with any of my other software or hardware. I should have known better: There never ever was a plug and play... :-)