I have a POD HD Desktop and recently picked up an FBV Express II and looking for input from owners of this same setup about its operation.
Basically, what should I expect to work and what not to work?.. as for me its certainly not working as advertised...This is what I see..
FBV Express mode = ON as discussed in the manual, ABCD Mode
- A,B,C,D select the preset. Display shows preset.
- tap lit switch controls tempo, Display dot flashes to tempo
- Tuner cannot be selected by holding lit switch. Display shows tuning indicator
- Looper controls appear to work correctly, but no LEDs light (making looper use "challenging")
FBV Express = ON, FS5-8 Mode
- A,B,C,D can control single/multiple blocks as expected.
- Tap tempo and tuner cannot be activated from the Express.
- Display shows preset, tempo dot, and tuning display when activated from POD.
- Looper controls appear to work correctly, but no LEDs light.
Researching possible issues, I found threads indicating that due to a bug, FBV Express mode should be disabled. So...
FBV Express = OFF, ABCD Mode
- A,B,C,D selects preset, Display shows preset.
- Tap switch controls tempo, Display dot flashes to tempo
- Tuner CAN be selected by holding switch. Display shows tuner.
- Looper LEDs light, but Looper MUST be in 1/2 speed for play/stop switch to operate correctly.
FBV Express = OFF, FS5-8 Mode
- Switch D cannot select an FX block, Yet FS8 Must be assigned to something in order for A,B,C and FS5-7 to operate correctly. If FS8 is not assigned then FS7 is not able to select a block.
- Looper controls operate as ABCD mode.
So, as a question to users with the same setup... is this what you see or do I have a faulty POD or Express?