4 replies to this topic

#1 mikedeissler

mikedeissler

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Please tell me if there's wireless Variax cable transceiver to connect my JTV-59 and HD500X.  If that's not happening, how far can I go with a ethercon Cat5E or 6 ? 

Thx,  Mik

#2 mycolorizred

mycolorizred

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

As far as I know there isn't. However you can use any wireless guitar kit and L6 makes one hell of a good one. If not I've gone 50 feet with a cable. Be willing to bet 100 would be okay. Just remember length equals time delay.

#3 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

Time Delay?????  Yes - one nanosecond per foot.  Not an issue.  The issue is whether the drivers can drive  a longer cable or not.  You can use wireless with a JTV but only with the conventional guitar cable - and then you need the JTV to run on batteries AND you can't control it with the Pod.

#4 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Time Delay????? Yes - one nanosecond per foot. Not an issue. .

Careful now...lest you raise the hackles of the Latency Brigade, who will then tell you that if you can't hear it, your timing sucks, LOL.

#5 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

Sound speed = 1msec/foot.  Light speed 1 nsec/foot.  Longer cable - move a few microinches closer to the speaker. :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream rig, wireless, variax, pod hd500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users