Photo

Using A Pod Studio Ux2 As A Live Amplifier?

pod studio ux2 live

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Axemasta

Axemasta

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

So I just got a pod studio ux2 this week, I love the heck out of this thing.

I bought the metal tone pack and have made some badass presets that sound like my favourite amps like 6505 etc....

I know you can output the sound for reamping but I was wondering could I use it as more of a rack unit by using a poweramp and a speaker cabinet. I can put all my pod studio sounds on my laptop and instead of raking out hundreds of pounds on a new amp, I could use my UX2 for live sound.

Also, What pedals will work with the UX2

Cheers

#2 stevie_d

stevie_d

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I'm wondering which pedals I can use to control my ux2 live as well. anyone?

#3 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Yes you can do this, but you are obviously relying on the computer and software to process your sound.

With devices like the Floor Pod, xt, X3 or HD series you take the computer out of the equation.

You can connect just about any momentary foot switch or sustain pedal to the UX2.

#4 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

You also might consider a FBV Shortboard MkII as a footswitch & controller

#5 stevie_d

stevie_d

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

I thought line six made specific pedal or switch to plug into the ux2 to control wah or preset and effects changes. the model name or numbers would be helpful. the fvb mkII is a little out of my price range and the ux2 is not listed anywhere in the compatibility chart for this and the other foot controllers. thanks!

#6 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

The FBV ii Shortboard actually works with your PC to control POD Farm II.  Remember that the UX2 is just an io device.  POD Farm does the heavy lifting.  There is no controller that will currently work directly with the UX2.  The UX2 does have a couple of controller ports in the back, but they were for a couple of on/off switches, and do not believe that they are supported after the Gearbox software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users