Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Licensing Question

A long time ago I bought a Toneport UX2, a handful of the expansion packs, and the ability to run Gearbox as a VST plugin. Right now I'm on extended travel and I am trying to find out if there is a way for me to run any the software that I've purchased in the past with a small non-line 6 recording interface on my mac via VST or otherwise?
Thanks

You need a pod farm 2.x license to do so... so it depends on how long ago you bought it....

doesn't sounds like it from your description....

you can do what you want if you pay for the pod farm 2.x license you will still have your model packs and plugins.

but without pod farm 2.x, it will only work with the original line6 hardware.

A long time ago I bought a Toneport UX2, a handful of the expansion packs, and the ability to run Gearbox as a VST plugin. Right now I'm on extended travel and I am trying to find out if there is a way for me to run any the software that I've purchased in the past with a small non-line 6 recording interface on my mac via VST or otherwise?
Thanks

So the only ways to plug my guitar in and get my tones would be to get my UX2 shipped to me and run Gearbox like I used to OR puy the upgrade to PF2 and get hardware independence? The second option would still allow me to get all my old model packs and also allow me to run as a VST?
thanks

Yes, and yes.  Like I said before though, if you want to use your model packs, do not buy the iLok version.  BTW, the upgrade to PF2 is definitely worth it.  I own both, and never use the Gearbox plug-in anymore.