#1 dolt

dolt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

My spider valve when turned on shows 8 black bars on the lcd display , nothing else works , i cant get no sound at all . I try to change the presets but cant get rid of the 8 black bars . I have only had this amp for maybe 18 months and i have seriously hardly ever used it , i just turned it on the other day and all i now see is 8 black bars . Please help as i am wanting to sell this amp and my podxt live and my epiphone as i just dont use them anymore .

#2 atreyu2112

atreyu2112

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Dude, I am having the EXACT same problem. And I want to keep mine. I love it! I need help too.

#3 napynap

napynap

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationPalmdale, CA
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

...'nothing else works'

After checking basics such as power outlet, power cable connections, then maybe a factory reset will get the screen working.

*Caution: This will erase any user presets

(http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4540) The factory reset for the Spider Valve series is to hold the "A" button while powering the unit.

#4 bigmose

bigmose

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

Hello Sports Fans

Started monitoring posts today. Been a long time Line6 user. I have the 1x12 MKi , MKii, 2x12 MKii, M9 and shortboards FBV MKi and MKii.

The harness cable located on the DSP board near input jack is notorious for coming loose. This loose  harness cable will give rise to the symptoms you are experiencing. Once snugged in I use a strip of masking tape along the seam to hold it in place. More convenient then a dab of super glue, nail polish, of gum.

Bigmose