Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackling When Turning Up The Master

bawilli

When I start to turn my amp up, there is crackling before a certain point but only while im turning it up. after that certain point i have no problems. does this happen to anyone else? Thanks. mkii 112.

i had this happen to my xt. the pot has to be replaced. i did try cleaning it with spray cleaner and it did help. the scratchy sound was reduced but not eliminated. i wound up contacting line6 and they sent a new one at no charge. guess what...it wound up being the wrong one. so i called them and they sent me the correct one, also at no charge. all this in about a week and a half

• 1 month later...

When I start to turn my amp up, there is crackling before a certain point but only while im turning it up. after that certain point i have no problems. does this happen to anyone else? Thanks. mkii 112.

My brand new SV MKII also has the problem.  It's right at the beginning, pretty much where I need it to be as I don't play the amp past the point as it gets really loud.

Kind of annoying for a new amp.

If it's new, then it's under warranty to get it fixed.

If you do it be careful about warranty.