Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The One External Pedal I Want For My Pod...

radatats

I really like the simplicity of multieffects from a cable and setup stand point so I am not a big fan of external pedals.  However, this looks like the one pedal I might actually have to get...

http://mybeatbuddy.com/

Seriously, a drummer in a pedal?  Brilliant...

What is the one pedal you are really thinking about getting?

If you're savvy at creating drum loops on a computer.. You could to the same thing with a Digitech looper pedal without all the tapping on the footswitch. That's usually what I do.. But I'll make the entire backing track.. Load all of my tracks up on the SD card.. And I'm good to go. I usually run it into the aux in on my 500x.. And run my vocals through the MIC in.. Then run the 2 outputs to the back of my one PA cab.

If you're savvy at creating drum loops on a computer.. You could to the same thing with a Digitech looper pedal without all the tapping on the footswitch. That's usually what I do.. But I'll make the entire backing track.. Load all of my tracks up on the SD card.. And I'm good to go. I usually run it into the aux in on my 500x.. And run my vocals through the MIC in.. Then run the 2 outputs to the back of my one PA cab.

How do you set up your 500X to run your guitar, mic, and aux to the PA at the same time?  Is the AUX channel passed through clean?  SD card?  In what?  What is your patch like with the mic and guitar running at the same time?

SD Card in the Jamman Looper pedal.

Yes, the AUX is passed through clean.

My patches sound just fine for what I'm doing running everything through the 500x. I'm using the 500x as more of a preamp for my Piezo pickups in my Strat.. And using it as a preamp for the vocals, as well.

My patch is set up as a dual-path preset with one side set for the XLR and the other expecting my guitar signal. I get good results, personally. Everything is clean as it should be. The 500x acts as my "micro mixer" and eliminates my need for a mixer for solo gigs. It's extremely convenient.

How do you set up your 500X to run your guitar, mic, and aux to the PA at the same time?  Is the AUX channel passed through clean?  SD card?  In what?  What is your patch like with the mic and guitar running at the same time?

• Upvote 1

I haven't yet, no.

If it would benefit you if you're trying to run a similar setup, I'd be more than glad to, though. I only have a handful of tones that I use, anyhow.. Only about 8-10 or so. I tend to make my patches multifunctional, lol.

Have you posted any of your tones?

Yes, I think it would be useful.  Currently, my POD is my only interface to my DAW (I'm saving up for an Audio 6 or something similar), and I'd like to practice recording singing and playing at the same time, or possibly also playing my acoustic direct and mic'ed  through the POD.  Thank you.

Plus, I can imagine using my POD live someday.  I've got a JBL EON15 G2 I use, and it would be nice to not have to bring an amp along for some gigs.  Though, in that situation, I've currently got a small Xenyx mixer I use now and TC Electronic M300 in its effects loop. But, heck, if I can do it all easily through the POD, including putting some reverb and delay on my voice, that's a couple more pieces of equipment I don't have to bring.

I'm using a bean now with an FBVII Shortboard (I wasn't sure I would like the POD, and the Sweetwater deal was so awesome I couldn't pass it up.), but I could imagine upgrading to a 500X someday.  I picked up the FBVII shortboard used for $85, so I hopefully won't lose my shirt selling the bean and shortboard if I decide to upgrade later....