Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is Individual Output Control Possible On The Hd500x?

TylerSocholotuik

I recently started recording vocals with my POD, and I want to turn the XLR outputs (connected to my studio monitors) off while I am recording so that I don't get any bleed into the mic. I want the headphone output to remain on so I can monitor with headphones while recording, Is this possible, or can someone recommend some kind of external controller that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,

Tyler

I used to manually turn my monitors on/off in this circumstance as well. I was using my Pod X3 Live at the time, and I recall discovering a very strange but coincidentally useful 'feature' of the X3L. This 'feature' (probably unintentional in the design) may prove to have been carried over to the Pod HD500/x devices. If so it will be convenient for you. I have not tested it on the HD500/x, but here goes........

The Amp/Line switch on the top panel of the X3L controls the output level type for the 1/4" outputs. Surprisingly, this switch actually acts as a 1/4" output MUTE switch when it is set in the middle position. Neither the Line or Amp output gets engaged - and so no signal is sent. This only applies to the 1/4" outputs - not the XLR nor (significantly) the headphones. Strange, but true.

So..... IF this behaviour has carried over to the Pod HD500/x devices, and IF you are willing to switch your physical connection from the HD to your monitors from XLR to 1/4", this may be a convenient way for you to achieve what you want: simply use the Line/Amp switch as a mute button.

Worth a try?

I guess either way u have to do at least ONE SINGLE move, ie;

1. Power off the monitors,  OR

2. Set the Amp/Line switch in the middle position (assuming silverhead's "trick" is a go.

So there is no way out but to to do repeatedly either action 1 or action 2 above...