Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Austinwlbl

Alright, here we go.

Last November I purchased a Pod HD Pro X to use for studio and live performances. The studio sound is great, I've created a wide variety of tones that I use on a daily basis. However, when it comes to live shows, I find it nearly impossible to cope. I'm constantly having to stop playing so that I can turn the tone knob to the correct setting. 

I also have an FBV MkII which I was told is compatible. Yet I can't change tones with that either, it simply allows me to turn off certain pedals in my signal chain. The only way to change tones with the pedal board is to access the tone bank, which you again have to scroll for. Is there no way to assign tones to the pedal board so that playing live is simply a click away?

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to use the bottom row of footswitches to change presets (tones). In the HD Prox Setup menus, page 1, check the setting for FS Mode. Set it to ABCD mode rather than FS5-8 mode. This will allow you to use the bottom row to select presets A through D in the current bank of presets. To change banks, use the Up/Down footswitches and then the A through D switches again to select the desired preset within the new bank. The preset names will appear in the HD Prox display as you change banks.

• 5 weeks later...

I was having the same problem with live situations. I would sit in my studio and set everything up using my monitors then get on stage and everything sounded wrong. I was told by the sound guy its because not all speakers are created equal the stage speakers had a harsher tone to my studio speakers. I went out and bought 2 behringer eurolive f1220a floor powered monitors and when i plugged them in I noticed that sound was way off so i reset up all my tones using the powered speakers and then took one with me so i had a reference monitor. It worked like a charm the tones where not all over the place and sounded really close to what i had setup in my monitors at home. 

Its about the only thing that i could see that might help and the floor monitors where really cheap less then 500 for the 2 of them.

oh and they might be behringer but they sound awesome.

I was having the same problem with live situations. I would sit in my studio and set everything up using my monitors then get on stage and everything sounded wrong. I was told by the sound guy its because not all speakers are created equal the stage speakers had a harsher tone to my studio speakers. I went out and bought 2 behringer eurolive f1220a floor powered monitors and when i plugged them in I noticed that sound was way off so i reset up all my tones using the powered speakers and then took one with me so i had a reference monitor. It worked like a charm the tones where not all over the place and sounded really close to what i had setup in my monitors at home. 

Its about the only thing that i could see that might help and the floor monitors where really cheap less then 500 for the 2 of them.

oh and they might be behringer but they sound awesome.