#1 ericjbourque

ericjbourque

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

I have a spider valve 212 amp which was bought used in 2012. Original mk1, It has served me faithfully as my main gig amp ever since. 

I typically let the amp warm up for about a minute and a half, cool down for the same. 

For about 2 months now I have been having a problem with the distortion cutting out on me and replaced with a loud buzz replacing it, still getting notes out but it sounds fizzy. 

It also gets pretty hot when this happens. 

Amp was taken to a tech. He told me tubes weren't the issue. He also said "I work on amps, not computers" humph, at least he didn't charge me a lot of money. 

Please help, God Bless!

-Easy E.

#2 cgtrox

cgtrox

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2112 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

That's the only problem with these amps. They are a hybrid of half amp and half computer. First thing is, we all know how hot tubes in a tube amp can get, which is part of their charm. Well, we also know what happens when a computer gets hot! There is a part of the "computer" that is getting too hot. First thing to try (a little ghetto, but...) get a small fan and aim it at the back of the amp while you're playing it. If it stops doing what you said, then there's your problem. Next, look for a Line 6 certified store to look at it, not a regular amp place. More than likely it is the mother board which can be replaced by a Line 6 certified repairman. Good luck bro...

cgtrox B)

"Who's the little ol' man?" <_<

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spider valve, mk1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users