4 replies to this topic

#1 scottaross

scottaross

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

Does the AMPLIFi replace the DT series as the "amp of choice" for the Dream Rig?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15543 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

not even close.

Amplifi is not affiliated or associated with any of the Line6 dream rig configurations.

It's more a practice tool or home jamming independent amp.

#3 Matt_Brown

Matt_Brown

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

As a 'Dream Rig' owner who plays mostly small gigs I would have lept at the chance of buying an Amplifi if it had a Line 6 Link and allowed me to send acoustic sounds to the full range amp and electric sounds to the DT25.

Coming in Amplifi v2?

#4 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

Amplifi is for playing in your bedroom.  (Ok maybe a small club)  It's not going to replace a DT25 or any of the LT speakers.

#5 ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

+1 to what those folks said! The DT amps really live in their own world compared with the rest of the Line6 amplifiers.

First, because it's a Bogner tube amp.

Second, because it has zero onboard FX.

Third, because it uses the Line6Link.

Fourth, because it's *really* expensive!!

Fifth, because it's the best my HD500 has ever sounded.

Though, as an aside to all of that, to me the AMPLiFi lives in a world much closer to the StageSource speakers, especially with that grill design; they look similar. The StageSource speakers are really quite nice, even at very low volumes.

I have been working on an alternate rig to my standard HD500+DT25, and last night spent some time with the dual-rig idea. I use my JTV59, plug the VDI into the HD500, and run the XLR outs in stereo into my M20d. Then I also plug a 1/4" cable from the JTV into my ElevenRack, and also run that in stereo, using the XLR outs to the M20d. I then L6Link the M20d out to the two L2t's and configure them as stereo mains.

I use the HD500 to get the looper going, then dial through various combinations of patches on the HD500 and patches on the Eleven Rack.

I am still figuring out how I'd use this live, would likely end up needing to get a MIDI floor controller for the Eleven Rack, and when using the DT, I haven't quite figured out how I would route everything.

"Searching for a distant star, Heading off to Iscandar

Leaving all we love behind, Who knows what dangers we'll find?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amplifi, dream rig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users