Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where Does Amplifi Fit?

• 2 weeks later...

As a 'Dream Rig' owner who plays mostly small gigs I would have lept at the chance of buying an Amplifi if it had a Line 6 Link and allowed me to send acoustic sounds to the full range amp and electric sounds to the DT25.

Coming in Amplifi v2?

+1 to what those folks said! The DT amps really live in their own world compared with the rest of the Line6 amplifiers.

First, because it's a Bogner tube amp.

Second, because it has zero onboard FX.

Third, because it uses the Line6Link.

Fourth, because it's *really* expensive!!

Fifth, because it's the best my HD500 has ever sounded.

Though, as an aside to all of that, to me the AMPLiFi lives in a world much closer to the StageSource speakers, especially with that grill design; they look similar. The StageSource speakers are really quite nice, even at very low volumes.

I have been working on an alternate rig to my standard HD500+DT25, and last night spent some time with the dual-rig idea. I use my JTV59, plug the VDI into the HD500, and run the XLR outs in stereo into my M20d. Then I also plug a 1/4" cable from the JTV into my ElevenRack, and also run that in stereo, using the XLR outs to the M20d. I then L6Link the M20d out to the two L2t's and configure them as stereo mains.

I use the HD500 to get the looper going, then dial through various combinations of patches on the HD500 and patches on the Eleven Rack.

I am still figuring out how I'd use this live, would likely end up needing to get a MIDI floor controller for the Eleven Rack, and when using the DT, I haven't quite figured out how I would route everything.