Photo

Buying A Used Pod Studio Ux2

ux2

Best Answer Brazzy , 24 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

You need to own the license. I do believe your friends license can be tranferred to you though. Check this out http://line6.com/acc...s/instructions/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fcollet

fcollet

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hi, a friend of a friend is selling his UX2 and I was thinking of getting it but I had a few questions.

The POD Farm license, doe she have to transfer it to me? does it follow the device? Don't really want to buy the device if I have to buy an additional licence

I have a POD XT Live with the Metal Shop pack. Will I be able to use it with the UX2?

Thanks

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:17 AM   Best Answer

You need to own the license. I do believe your friends license can be tranferred to you though. Check this out http://line6.com/acc...s/instructions/

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 fcollet

fcollet

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Thank you

answers both my question

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thank you

answers both my question

Your Welcome.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#5 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5052 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Is it a older red faced Toneport or a newer black faced POD Studio?

If it is a POD Studio, it likely has a POD Farm 2 license tied to the hardware depending on when the unit was first registered.

If she did not purchase a separate software license there will be nothing to transfer.

Either way, yes, your Metal Shop will work with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ux2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users